PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Although my two children are happy to see their teacher, are engaged and academically challenged...I feel a huge sense of condescension coming from the "upper directress" and the "head of school". I refuse to drop the children at the curb as I've been instructed to do. I expect to park my vehicle, hold my small child's hand as we cross the street or step onto the campus, and visually confirm that the children are "in" the classroom, and being supervised by an adult that i have met before. This takes less than 5 seconds...but it does require that my physical body be allowed "in" the door. The SOUR faces, annoyed attitudes, and body language of these two women... convey to me that they are "inconvenienced" by this. I recognize these two sour faces, I've met them briefly...but I don't KNOW these women. And until I do, I expect the most basic modicum of respect, that will allow me to protect my child, as they are transitioned from my care, to the care of a responsible adult.

I knew that this was the school for my children after we took a tour 6 years ago. It's a perfect combination of small family enviroment and a great education. All three of my children attend and I hope they go to 12th grade so that we can attend for years. I love the hands on materials, my children are learning and not just memorizing for a test. I LOVE MMS!!

Midland Montessori School is simply the best foundation for a child. You will find teachers who actually teach and students who enjoy learning. The entire child is taught, nurtured and guided throughout the year. They learn through mastery, not redundant memorization or 'just enough to pass a test'. My only regret after having my child attend from 3 years old to soon graduating sixth grade, is that they don't yet offer school up to 12th grade. If they did, we would never leave! The teachers, parents, students, volunteers - all become a wonderful family. The best environment ever. Couldn't begin to give enough positives about this school, it's founder, and staff. THANK YOU MIDLAND MONTESSORI!

My three kids attended MMS from pre-school through 6th grade. My youngest graduated from there several years ago and all three claim it was the best part of their education. The learning pace is individualized for each child and they were able to move on to new levels when they were ready and not wait or waste time. When they moved on to traditional schools, they were ahead in their studies. After Montessori they kept up excellent grades and were very independent about getting homework done. The environment is nurturing and supportive and all the kids were very loyal and supportive to each other.

Absolutely love Midland Montessori School! The faculty & staff are the best! I highly recommend this school.

The school has a wonderful academic program. They challenge and teach in a way the kids learn the information in large quantities Long term. As for compassion and flexibility, from the teachers and director left much to be desired when I addressed a problem. My daughter has a huge desire to learn and I felt this desire was extinguished several times due to the military structure created to keep control. The first half of the year my child enjoyed it. Come 2nd half she cried to go and begged to stay at home. My concerns were dismissed and my daughter blamed. I was told she was lying, and that she would be better off at a school being taught the same thing at the same time as the other students since she wouldn't wait for the teacher to give her a lesson before trying a new work. Our last meetings with the director I was bullied and crucified for talking to a parent on school grounds about an issue she brought up to me about her daughter saying the teacher grabbed her arm roughly and my daughters as well! They were so offended we spoke about the kids safety on school grounds they ignored and my kids original issue. Bottom line I withdrew her and will not ever go back!

We have a child who attended K3-6th grade here, and have been delighted with the results. Academically prepared for any 7th grade setting, we chose to continue on into a private school setting, primarily wanting to find schools that aligned with our family's values as well as seeking a more challenging curriculum. Our MMS graduate found that she was ahead of her classmates in many subjects, including science and math, and her self discipline ingrained into her through the Montessori method has served her well as she tackled increasing amounts of homework and reading assignments. The only drawback to the school is that the student has to be enrolled at a young enough age to become normalized to the teaching methods. Tuition costs are pretty great, too.

Wow! My son came home before Thanksgiving at three years old telling me the names of the seven continents. He's now four years + two months, its October of his second year at MMS, and he is reading! We are so impressed with the effectiveness of the program. The kids learn charachter and respect that I wouldn't have the patience and discipline to teach them at home. The classes are small with lots of one-on-one time with teachers. Hands-on Montessori materials are especially great for boys' learning styles. Parents are invited and encouraged to volunteer and participate. We couldn't ask for a better experience for our children.

As a former public school teacher, I have been completely amazed by the quality of education my children are receiving at Midland Montessori. The atmosphere is a commbination of peace and calm, excitement, intensity, focus, and self-discipline. The children's curiosity is constantly encouraged, and their love for learning, concentration, and work are fostered and allowed to flourish. We couldn't ask for a better school.

Last modified Midland Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6