Bad
Good

Posted May 20, 2015
My son has attended MACS for 3 years and he loves it! They care about the students and and help them achieve. would not want my son to attend any other school!

Posted July 09, 2013
This is an amazing school Teachers are very concern with how your child is doing in all areas...

Posted August 17, 2009
My son started last year in Kinder and let me tell you he loved it. I was very impressed with the teachers and principal. All the teachers knew his name and he knew most of them by name also. Their number one priorty is the children's education not just their paycheck. I love MACS school policy on discipline and dress code. I think my child will benefit learning that life is full of rules and if you break rules you have to face the consequences. His teacher had promised me he would be reading and writing by the end of year and he reads and writes perfectly now. I would home school him if MACS ever closed. We were blessed with MACS. I would highly recommend that your children attend MACS. I was amazed at how much the principal was involved with the students. Keep up the great work

Posted January 26, 2009
I'm a student at MACS and I do love it there. I encourage you to enroll your child(ren) into this school. The pricipals truely are wonderful and the teachers are great. Its a warm welcoming environment with lots of one-on-one help, and fair disipline. Hope to see a new student soon! your 7th grade friend

Posted November 21, 2004
MACS now has my two children attending. I have never known a better group of caring teachers and staff. I feel so blessed that all the teachers seem to know all the students, no matter what the grade of that child or what grade the teacher teaches. Every place has growing pains, but MACS will be able to handle this also. A great many thanks to all the talented staff.

Posted October 09, 2004
Our family have been with MAC's since it's opening. All new businesses have difficulties in the beginning, but the ones that succeed are the ones that continue to make changes in order to be successful. We believe that MAC's has made the changes needed to be successful. Mac's teachers focus on each child's strengths and encourage growth and knowledge in their weaker areas in a positive way. Mac's is a very structured school and expects both the students and the parents to follow the rules and disciplinary guild lines. Although the school does not have very much parental involvement, the teachers and staff do all they can to provide an excellent education for all students. We have been very pleased with the school's willingness to solve any challenge that has come their way. We will continue to support this school any way we can because all children deserve the best!

Posted June 01, 2004
My kids have attended MACS since it opened. Prior to MACS opening, my oldest attended Midland ISD. Let me tell you first hand that there is no comparison between the two. I would home-school my kids if MACS ever closed! The teachers at MACS care so much about the kids that my kids both enjoy going to school! The new leadership in the school is wonderful! When I have a concern or question--they are willing to sit down with me to find a solution or tell me why they have certain policies. That never happened in the public school. I could not even get the public school to return my call! MACS is much more than a school to my kids--it is like a family! The concern they have for my kids goes beyond the classroom. MACS is genuinely concerned with building responsible, productive adults. It's a great place for kids!

Posted January 14, 2004
I have had a student at the school since it first opened its doors 5 yrs. ago and yes, the school administrators and the school board haven't always made decisions in the best interest of the students, but our school has been fortunate enough to have a great set of teachers who truly care about the children they encounter.

Posted September 25, 2003
I think the first parent hit the nail on the head. I had my kid go one year at The Midland Academy Charter school and the whole experience was horrible. The teachers seemed to be nice, but the next year, after we had been moved out of state, those same teachers were arrested for tying kids to their chairs. I would have came unglued, if that had been my children tied to their chairs.

Midland Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 30, 2003
My child is currently a student at Midland Academy Charter School (MACS). I believe MACS is in dire need of a better leadership,educational, and rules and regulation system. In my opinion, students are perceived as commodity. The impression that I got from the school director was that the school policies seem to reflect a great part on how the school will 'profit' from each student rather than showing educational concerns towards each child. Also, I am disappointed in the rules and regulations, which the school takes overwhelmingly serious especially the school uniform. I can understand the importance of abiding by the school uniform rules. Although, I have a hard time understanding why your child should given a repremand and taken to the school office making them feel like they are being punish because a belt was not worn for the second time during a school year, especially if the child is both academically excellent and well-mannered. This severely disappoints the child and may damage their future grades and behavior. However, the only reason my child attends this school is because it is the first year to be enroll at MACS, and we were fortunate to receive an excellent teacher that challenged and showed great concern towards my child. MACS is reasonably good with children who are academically excellent, however, I am afraid that those students who are disadvantage have a harder time keeping up with the fast pace curriculum. I am afraid my second child is not as advance as my first-born and therefore would have a harder time keeping up with the work. I hope the school works on issues that will benefit all students.

500 North Baird Street, Midland, TX  79701
Last modified Midland Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.