Posted August 03, 2014
As a student at this school it has been an amazing part of my life as grades have gone up and I am happier than ever going to school Go Cats...!!!!!

Posted January 29, 2014
WGMS is the most amazing school with great staff, teachers, administrators, and facilities. I can't say enough about the principal, Mr. Blackwell. He knows all the students by name, and many mornings you will find him shaking the hands of the students as they enter the building. The teachers are also amazing, very creative with their teaching styles. Mr. Fontenot made history interesting and fun for my daughter. The front office staff is warm and friendly, and understanding when you need to take your child to an appointment. Both of my daughters went to this school for three years apiece and I continue to be genuinely enthusiastic about this amazing school.

Posted August 05, 2013
My daughter has been in the Midlothian ISD for 7 years now and she just completed her first year at WGMS in the 6th grade. She is part of the Community Based Instruction (CBI) special education program. Not only are the teachers great to work with, but the students have such compassion for our special needs community. The high school students are hand-picked to work with our kids during physical education time. It's called the PALS program. The programs in place for our special education students really help the regular education students to show compassion for others. The flip-side is how they help the special education students feel socially accepted. Thank you WGMS!!!

Walnut Grove Middle School 1

Posted November 19, 2009

Posted July 20, 2009

Posted June 12, 2009
My daughters went the MISD and we moved to Fort Worth due to my job situation, and I have never miss a school like Walnut Grove like i do now, if the drive was not as long as it is I would be driving my kids there everyday.

Posted March 13, 2009

Posted February 04, 2009
This school is truly a blessing for any parent who wants their child to obtain a great education. The administration goes above and beyond their required duties, and truly care about each kid. The teachers are fabulous as well. My daughter's 8th grade team of teachers really took the time to get to know her and acclimate to her style of learning. They extremely caring and fun, and took the time to get to know her! The great education they provided her with was evident in her grades and her love for school! Thanks WGMS!!

Posted January 07, 2009
This is an amazing school. Both of my kids have been here. The teachers are wonderful and interested in the student. They are always available and eager to help. The Principal and administration at WGMS are the absolute best. The principal can be found every morning greeting each student as they enter the building. He has so much respect for the kids and the kids respect him. From football to the dance team I have been involved in both. The Pre-Ap program is great. Thank you for making my kids middle school years ones to remember. WGMS you are great! Go Wildcats!!

Posted August 24, 2008
The atmosphere of this school is absolutely fantastic! My son attended grades 6-8 here, and had the most amazing teachers. They were compassionate with the students and treated them with respect. They were also extremely effective in pushing my son to do his best at school. It showed in his grades each year. His eighth grade teachers were particularly spirited and took lots of pride in their teaching. I truly believe that mentality made a big difference in the effort my son put forth. 5 Stars WGMS!

Walnut Grove Middle School
990 North Walnut Grove Road, Midlothian, TX  76065
Last modified Walnut Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Grove Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top