Posted October 26, 2014
JAV is an excellent campus, the very best. Each teacher is involved in the success of the individual student. Every cent spent is to better the students and enrich their learning. This is a school where the students really are put first, and it shows. The faculty respect and love the kids. If any individual child struggles with any concept, they are given extensive help and tutoring all through the year as needed. Everyone gets involved with student success. The atmosphere is uplifting and loving. I cannot say enough good things about this remarkable campus.

Posted August 25, 2014
I have never had a issue with this school. If my child needs extra help the teachers Never hesitate. I really enjoy this school for my children.

Posted July 20, 2014
I despise this school. My son should have a comprehensive 504 plan in place, after pushing for two months to have the meeting, very little accommodations were actually implemented. My daughter, an A/B student, was having a hat year with math. I requested numerous times that she receive additional support. She was denied that support throughout the school year. Then came STAAR testing. She failed math. All of a sudden, to protect their school rating, she was given intensive math counseling for 3 weeks so she could pass it. They do not listen to parents input, are not supportive, the walls are prison white when every other MISD elementary school is colorful an displays children's artwork. Speaking of which, in the 3 years my kids have attended, I have NEVER received any artwork. They are fully aware the art teacher throws it away. Nice way to build them up JAV!

Posted July 01, 2014
Had a parent/teacher meeting, which also included the principal. Meeting was upon parent request. We asked how the teacher introduced certain routines in the classroom. The teacher replied that she had introduced routines the same way every year and would not change anything that she was doing. Surprisingly, the principal seemed supportive of the teacher's response, because he sat silently. Neither the principal nor the teacher seemed to truly care about our child. They were very defensive, and their attitudes never portrayed one of wanting to be helpful but of being argumentative. I have never witnessed such unprofessional behavior; especially from a principal. Instead of answering parent questions, the principal and the teacher rolled their eyes and never offered any helpful suggestions or answers. It leads me to assume that answering parent curriculum questions is very much frowned upon. I question whether the principal has ever taught elementary education. The teachers that our child was "learning" from seem to be ill-equipped at managing and teaching young children. Professional development in classroom management and professionalism is greatly needed.

Posted April 24, 2014
This school is great. The teachers are caring and purposeful in their teaching. I had one son complete his elementary education here and my second one is in the 4th grade. I love the bilingual interaction that all students share.

Posted October 24, 2013
I love this school and so does my kids. The staff and teachers are awesome!

Posted April 09, 2013
My children LOVE this school. We are fixing to move and when looking at houses thats all they asked was not to move schools. The teachers I have dealt with from K- 3 are awesome. They are very caring and communicate well. They always contact me if there is a question or a concern. The principal and assistant principal are just as caring as the teachers. I love working with all the volunteers at this school as well. This is a school where you can learn, have fun and still be a kid at the same time. I think some of the rules in the cafeteria were a little ridiculous last year but it seems that has changed.

Posted April 08, 2013
My son loves this school and when given the opportunity to skip on his birthday he chose to go to school. Then after his first nine weeks having a 95 in one class he drops to a 30 in that same class this nine weeks. All I can think is he is not having to turn in any work, because I received no warnings. My daughter loved school until she came here, no she complains that it is disruptive and the students are mean to her. In her last school she was one of the most socially loved and the grades for her remain the same. I can't wait to move away and get my kids out of this school. As a single dad it is tough enough, and having counselors calling CPS for neglect on me doesn't help. Someone needs to teach the teachers here to teach not preach.

Posted February 12, 2010
I love this school. The teachers and principal work very hard to make sure that the students excel and have fun. Even though they have the most underprivelged families in town, they do really well in attendance and test scores. My son loves going to school and is actually upset if a break is 'too long' (Christmas break) which is odd but refreshing. I'll be moving away soon which makes me sad.

Posted February 11, 2010

J A Vitovsky Elementary School
333 Church Street, Midlothian, TX  76065
Last modified J A Vitovsky Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J A Vitovsky Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top