Posted May 04, 2014
We moved here from a more urban areas and we love it. This school is like going back in time, where the character and actual education of children are valued. It has been a huge blessing to my children and my family.

Posted December 09, 2013
My kids have been coming to this school 2 years now and I'm not very happy with the outcome. With the school being over 80% Caucasian and not very many Hispanic children my children seem to be treated differently. Seems like there is a lot of bullying and nothing being done about it. My son was stung by a bee came home with a knot on his head and I never received a call about it. They are good about helping the kids and trying to help about with kids who need the extra help. The teachers worry to much about fashion and ways to stand out then other things that are more important.

Posted December 01, 2012
This is the only school system and the only area I would live in, in Midlothian due to the Smokestack Report by USA Today--it's the only area with clean air, so I am happy to report it is a wonderful school with caring teachers, involved parents, good families, good kids. High standards and great programs! If you are considering moving the Midlothian, you definitely want to stay in the Longbranch area--if you find a house for sale in this area, grab it quick!

Posted March 27, 2012
Awesome school. Principal is tough but fair, wont bend the rules for anyone but cares about everyone. Both my children love it and we have not had any issues with any teachers from kinder to 4th!

Posted March 25, 2012
The teachers at this school are great. My children have loved their teachers! Parents are very involved. The only bad part is the principal. I have never met anyone who is happy with her. I have very bad experiences myself with her. I've heard that some have moved out of the district because of their problems with her! It's really sad because there are wonderful teachers there!!

Posted September 02, 2011
We love, love, love this school! Longbranch has outstanding teachers, great staff, and the overall atmosphere of this school is amazing! When my daughter was in 2nd grade, she was lagging behind in reading, and they worked so hard with her, and brought her up to grade level by the end of the year. Now in 4th, she is doing great, and being challenged daily. I am so blessed to live in district.

Posted April 29, 2010
It was the best school I ever worked in.

Posted June 22, 2008
Principal rating should be marked higher. During the spring of '08 Kelly Madden became the new principal. She has a warm and pleasing affect and is highly visible and involved with both the students and the staff.

Posted December 18, 2007

Posted August 14, 2007
Longbranch is a wonderful school! We have been a part of the Longbranch 'family' for four years now. The teacher's genuinely care for the students. The teacher's at Longbranch set high expectations for their students and then teach to those expectations. There is much communication among the school and parents. Parents are always kept informed. The Specials teachers give 100% all the time when instructing their students and always seem to make it fun. Math Mania night, the Art Show, Jump Rope For Heart, Musical productions by each grade level, talent shows, and the student wax museum are some of the wonderful things Longbranch puts on for its students and parents. There is much parent involvement and many opportunities to get involved. The Principal and Assistant Principal are wonderful as well. You will see many smiling happy faces at Longbranch from faculty and students.

Longbranch Elementary School
6631 Farm-To-Market 1387, Midlothian, TX  76065
Last modified Longbranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longbranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.