Midlothian, TX

Longbranch Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2014
DONT LET THE RATING FOOL YOU!!! This school is all about testing. They do not care about teaching your child. They only care about how your child is testing. The front office is a bunch of smiling white ladies sho turn into vipers when you call them on something. If your child has a learning disability do not come here. They will not help your child. They either fit into their system or not. There is no extra and what they offer is just enough to say they meet minimum. The teachers are robotic but I imagine they have no choice. Very disappointed with this move..I am stuck with these folks and their fakeness. It is going to be a long 9 years.

Longbranch Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2014
Extreme favoritism is shown to certain students based on popularity, not achievements. Especially if you are a teacher's child. The principal and counselor actually sponsor a sorority type girl's club. They pick and choose who they want to be in this club. Good grades and behavior are supposed to be pre-requisites. However, their personal favorites are the chosen ones. Also, teacher bullies as well as student bullies exist, but the principal defends her crew regardless. The most important thing to her and the rest of the teachers is fashion. Parents are not informed about what they can do to help their kids. Most work is to be done in class so parents are not involved. I thought teachers used to want parents to help educate their kids. Strange philosophy and dictatorship going on at Longbranch. But, if you complain, you risk worse treatment for your child. What a facade!

Posted May 04, 2014
We moved here from a more urban areas and we love it. This school is like going back in time, where the character and actual education of children are valued. It has been a huge blessing to my children and my family.

Longbranch Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2013
My kids have been coming to this school 2 years now and I'm not very happy with the outcome. With the school being over 80% Caucasian and not very many Hispanic children my children seem to be treated differently. Seems like there is a lot of bullying and nothing being done about it. My son was stung by a bee came home with a knot on his head and I never received a call about it. They are good about helping the kids and trying to help about with kids who need the extra help. The teachers worry to much about fashion and ways to stand out then other things that are more important.

Posted December 01, 2012
This is the only school system and the only area I would live in, in Midlothian due to the Smokestack Report by USA Today--it's the only area with clean air, so I am happy to report it is a wonderful school with caring teachers, involved parents, good families, good kids. High standards and great programs! If you are considering moving the Midlothian, you definitely want to stay in the Longbranch area--if you find a house for sale in this area, grab it quick!

Posted March 27, 2012
Awesome school. Principal is tough but fair, wont bend the rules for anyone but cares about everyone. Both my children love it and we have not had any issues with any teachers from kinder to 4th!

Longbranch Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2012
The teachers at this school are great. My children have loved their teachers! Parents are very involved. The only bad part is the principal. I have never met anyone who is happy with her. I have very bad experiences myself with her. I've heard that some have moved out of the district because of their problems with her! It's really sad because there are wonderful teachers there!!

Posted September 02, 2011
We love, love, love this school! Longbranch has outstanding teachers, great staff, and the overall atmosphere of this school is amazing! When my daughter was in 2nd grade, she was lagging behind in reading, and they worked so hard with her, and brought her up to grade level by the end of the year. Now in 4th, she is doing great, and being challenged daily. I am so blessed to live in district.

Posted April 29, 2010
It was the best school I ever worked in.

Posted June 22, 2008
Principal rating should be marked higher. During the spring of '08 Kelly Madden became the new principal. She has a warm and pleasing affect and is highly visible and involved with both the students and the staff.

Longbranch Elementary School
6631 Farm-To-Market 1387, Midlothian, TX  76065
Last modified Longbranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longbranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top