No rating

Southminster School

Private | PK-5 | 270 students

Living in Missouri City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted August 9, 2013

I feel like family and my Twin Girls (first grade) love the school.Great teachers and good environment.I recommended all my friends to send their kids to south minsiter school and they all love it.

Posted January 15, 2013

I have been so spoiled with this school! It feels like my children are in a safe and nurturing bubble! My kinder and 3rd grader have been at this school since they were toddlers, and they love it! The teachers and staff are so loving and nurturing! While the academics may not be the strongest, I can guarantee that your child will learn more here than at a public school.

Posted July 26, 2012

The teachers are kind and loving. The academics don't seem to be strong, but the small teacher/student ration, Bible teaching and chapel services are excellent.

Posted January 27, 2012

We took our children out of this school and placed them in another private christian school. Best decision ever made.

Posted August 18, 2011

My daughter is currently attending her 5th year at Southminster School and is now in the 3rd grade. We cannot express the pride we have in this schools staff and methods of educating. My family has been treated with nothing but kindness and respect since day 1. My son begins attending this year for the first time and we anticipate the exact same progress as my daughter. The teachers here are excellent and we recommend Southminster to any and everyone. We are looking forward to another GREAT school year. We love it!

Posted August 17, 2011

My son is entering the 5th grade this year. He has been at Southminster School since he was 18 months old. This school has proven to be the best thing we've ever done for our child. He has flourished. He LOVES school. He loves the teachers, his peers, the environment - all of it. We are saddened to know this is our last year here. Southminster has provided us with everything we wanted: a smaller, less chaotic atmosphere for our child to learn in, a loving, nurturing environment, an academically challenging curriculum, students eager to learn and a place that I know is safe when I drop my son off every day. I trust everyone at this school. I am sorry that there is not a middle school yet but I have a feeling there may be one day.

Posted August 17, 2011

Southminster School was the perfect choice for our son! He was a student there for 8 years, starting in preschool until 5th grade. The teachers and staff are loving and nurturing. Loved that the class sizes were small, so my son received lots of individual attention. Southminster prepared him to move on to Middle School and I know that he will thrive! We are going to miss Southminster!

Posted August 17, 2011

This will be our 12th year at Southminster. Only my youngest is still here, with 2 years to go. My older kids have graduated from Southminster and gone on to succeed in middle and high school. Southminster's Christian-based curriculum and wonderful teachers provided my children with a strong foundation and the confidence to be independent and successful. Putting our chilidren into Southminster, beginning in preschool and keeping them their through 5th grade has turned out to be the best decision we could have made for their future.

Posted August 17, 2011

This will mark our 6th year at Southminster School and I can absolutely say that it was the right choice for my kids and our family. With a low student to teacher ratio, the school and staff are able to provide an extremely personal touch in their interactions with my children. I think the best review of all, is from my kids...they love Southminster and the teachers.

Posted August 3, 2011

Following a change in leadership two years ago due to job transfer, the school has not continued to serve the community as a strong, private school. It has become more like a public school. We will not pay the tuition but put our children in public school.

Posted July 7, 2011

Our children have attended Southminster School since 2005, moving through the preschool to the elementary program. The curriculum is strong and the small class sizes allow teachers to emphasize each child s own need. Student participants consistently rank each year in area science fairs, spelling bees, and ensemble competitions. Following a change in leadership two years ago due to job transfer, the school has continued to serve the community as a strong, moderate Christian presence that places the needs, education and well-being of the children first in order to develop well-rounded individuals. What a rare and wonderful quality in a private Christian school!

Posted October 25, 2007

Our daughter attended Southminster School from the time she was three in Preschool until she graduated from the 5th grade. Every year we looked at other schools, both private and public, and every year we realized she was already at the best school! She is now in the 6th grade and is doing extremely well, thanks to the fabulous education and Christian values she received at Southminster School.

Posted October 17, 2007

We have been at Southminster for 5 years and absolutely love it! My children have benefited tremendously from the preschool program and have enjoyed every moment they have been there. It has a storng Christian based cirriculum and the children attend chapel twice a week. The teachers and staff are all very friendly and caring toward the children and parents. We feel so blessed to have found Southminster

Posted October 1, 2007

An excellent curriculum, along with a Christian emphasis. Add to that phenomenal teachers! Caring, loving, nurturing. They teach to the whole child. Every child counts here. Great class sizes. Cannot say enough about this school. I am blessed to have my children here!

Posted August 23, 2007

This is going to be my third year teaching at Southminster School this year and it has been such a blessing to be a part of a caring and wonderful staff.The experience has strengthen my faith along with having to teach such wonderful children that are able to grow and be nurture along with building character of love, being mindful, and focus on body and soul. There is no other place I rather work at this part in my life. Southminster is AWESOME.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 15, 2004

Friendly teachers, but not sure about their knowledge. Christian focused school, but not in favor of their approach. Opted for another private school nearby.

Posted February 23, 2004

The class sizes are small and my children receive individual attention as they need it. As a result, they are truly blossoming. The staff know my children by their names and could recognize them in a crowd! It is a pleasure to take my children to a school where the teachers make a point of making them feel welcome - along with the parents. My children are becoming independent learners - as their questions at school aren't simply answered. The response to a child's question - is another question asking them what they think. Then the teacher helps them get to the appropriate answer. How refreshing! We love this school. It is just the ticket for my two kids - especially my daughter who never got any individual attention at another school. She was shy and as long as she behaved, the rowdy kids got all of the attention. She is thriving and learning and loves it!

Posted February 9, 2004

Southminster School imparts not only strong acedemics in a loving and supportive enviroment, but Christian philosophy and character development as well. The head of school and teaching staff are experienced and well trained and truely care about the children in their charge. Both the elementary and preschool programs are first rate.

Asian or Pacific Islander 13% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Helen Jackson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • (281) 499-4430

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Library

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • The southminster school parent auxiliary continues to be an important and integral part of the school. the parents organize school fundraisers, special events, teacher appreciation events, and an annual school gala. the parent auxiliary board is voted in by the community of parents once a year. the pab conducts monthly meetings to enhance school learning opportunities.

Apply now