Bad
Good

This is my son's 3rd year at LCE. The teachers care about the students. He was in private school before and we supplement at home so public school curriculum was not as rigorous. He finds the work easy however I'm pleased with his social interaction, the tremendous diversity and the friendly staff. I'm an involved parent and appreciate the input & appreciation administration allows parents who take the time to invest in the school.

This is an excellent school with a diverse community and a warm spirit. I have spoken with both the Assistant Principal and Principal in passing and it is obvious that both love their students and community. My daughter began the school year knowing most, if not all of the required material, but her teacher found other methods/material to challenge her. She loves the school so much that we are planning to stay until she enters middle school. Texas public school currciculum is not for everyone. Meaning that the state requires the teachers to follow the instructional guides they set forth, which leaves some children (like mine) a little bored. However, I feel that the teachers in her classroom and "out class" offer a variety of instructional methods to hold her interest and challenge her. She loves her classmates and teachers and looks forward to 1st grade. If I could change one thing, it would not be the school, but the State Board. The school is wonderful and provides a safe, stress free learning environment for the students. The stress I originally felt concerning public school vanished the first day upon meeting the school secretary and Assistant Principal. We love this school.

This is an excellent school. From the moment you walk in the front door you are greeted with a friendly smile. My child was having some problems and everyone from the principal to the teachers aid was involved to help us find a solution. Mrs. Burrows is an A+ teacher.

I have 2 children at LCE. We have experienced amazing support from both the administration and from each and every teacher (and there have been many between my two children) through our entire enrollment. Active parent involvement is apparent throughout the school. My husband and I have been very pleased with the academic progress our children have made each school year.

This school made my children happier, more responsible, and more organized. I am very happy to see them making friends easily at this school, as well as learning a lot. I have learned that some teachers use special techniques to help the kids be happier, smarter, and kinder. I just love this school known as 'Lexington Creek Elementary'!

We have been at Lexington Creek for 4 years and COULD not be HAPPIER! We have a third grader and kindergartner.The principal is ABSOLUTELY wonderful.All the teachers are great and go beyond to make sure you're child succeeds.I hope in years to come it stays this way.

We are new Parents at the LCE and though it has been only 2 days yet, we are pretty thrilled with the School. I was impressed with the School when we went in and took an appointment to meet the Principal and she was really helpful. She explained her intent and school Program in detail and we are so far happy with the experience. Our daughter has moved from a private school PreK system into LCE and we hope that the journey of learning continues here...

The quality of teaching has increased with the new principal. The children are reading, writing & doing math at a more accelerated rate. There was immediate change in school activity, for the better. There was also immediate improvement in family activity after school hours with the children.

The quality of teaching has been in decline with the new principal. The extended care is even worse - my kid does not even want to go there anymore. We want Jan McDonald back! She was the principal who really cared about academics.

I have to say Lexington Creek Elementary does need a lots of improvements specially when it come to helping student acheive there academics. They don't have any tutuoring help for students before or after school and also most of the teachers doesn't seem to care for the students. This school should be rated lower than it is now.

Last modified Lexington Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.