Posted September 24, 2014
Even though Hightower may seem really rowdy due its large populations of African Americans and Hispanics, the school does have a small bright population that keeps its test score averages up. Honestly, if the academies were not at Hightower, then this school would've experience failing scores and rankings much faster. The top 5% is almost all Indian or Asian (not an understatement; can be proven at graduation). If the children in the academies were ranked against other schools such as ridgepoint or elkins, they would blow them out of the water. Send your child here if they are responsible enough to make the right decisions and to put school first. Academics here are great, especially with the internships provided by the academies. Occasionally there may be a fight or two but if you mind your own business then you should be fine. The administrative staff do a relatively good job but the counselors need to be more receptive to the children. There are always going to be kids who dont care about academics and Hightower just happens to have many of them. If you child does his/her best and takes many AP class, then they can be a part of truly intelligent children when they graduate.

Posted August 28, 2014
I am a freshman at hightower highschool and it's terrible so far. I didn't feel welcome at all. The hallways are crowded, people run around the whole school, and the students there dress so inaportpatly there. It's just awful there so far. Please here's a tip!: if your not zoned to hightower, then I suggest you don't go.

Posted May 31, 2014
This school is horrible and undisciplined. The students do whatever they want in this school and teachers do a horrible job all the time. The students are always sagging and a large amount are covered in tattoos already. Very few scholarships are awarded to students here. The staff and principal are slow of alerting you of emergencies and many parents have a problem with this. The school is undisciplined and there are fights almost every week. And yes there are drugs in this school but that is a very low amount of idiotic students. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 11, 2014
I am currently enrolled at Hightower and I believe this school is actually one of the best in Fort Bend ISD academically wise. This school gives students the opportunity to succeed, whether the opportunity is taken or not depends on the student. But if your child is a hard-worker, hangs out with the right crowd, and does what they're supposed to there is no doubt they'll succeed. I recommend it.

Posted November 17, 2013
Hightower is the worst high school in fort bend isd. The teachers are horrible there. Transferring my daughter to ridgepoint next year. The band is super unorganized.

Posted May 16, 2012
This school is extremely unorganized. The teachers use the internet as an excuse not to keep an open line of communication with parents. In order to speak to the principle you must have an appointment even if its an emergency. There are a lot of bullying at hightower. It's horrible. No structure !

Posted February 22, 2012
I am the parent of two children who attend HHS. One child is a graduating Senior and the other is a Freshman. They both love HHS. My son (Freshman) plays in the HHS band. HHS has an excellent band program. The band director is GREAT with the students and really cares about their education. I have had some interactions with the Principal and find her to be professional and personable. She is accessible and responds to emails. It appears she has a good relationship with the students, parents, teachers, and staff. I am an involved parent and would like to encourage more parents to become involved at their school because there are several opportunities to volunteer. Overall, the experience with my children's teachers has been positive. GO CANES!!

Posted February 20, 2012
Being that the most recent review of HHS being written in 2009, I think its time for a fresh perspective on the school. The Hightower of 2012 absolutely does not deserve a 3/5 rating. A change in principals has made all the difference for HHS, with disruptive behavior dropping to an all time low, test scores soaring above what they used to be, and overall campus life becoming more conducive to education. From my experiences at HHS I can say I'm extremely proud of my school, with its highly awarded Medical Science and Digital Media academies, its outstanding sports programs, and overall award winning extracurriculars. Being a student in all AP classes and in the top 5% of the school I feel its an extremely challenging place for those who seek the challenge. Unfortunately there are those who simply don't value schooling, and those people lower our overall test scores. There's so much more to Hightower than I can list here, but I can say I would never even consider going to another school in FBISD, Hightower is the best school in the district without a doubt.

Posted November 09, 2009
omfg.! i love the school soo much.! its a huge school the teachers are soo nice n the medical academy is amazing.! i cant wait for my lil sister 2 go there next year!

Posted October 12, 2009
I think the school does well for the amount of students it has. It is a bit overcrowded and it affects the responsiveness of the teachers and guidance counselers. Great athletics program and the AP classes are really great for college prep. I have two kids there as of today; a senior (son) and a freshman (girl). My son has been there since his freshman year and his choosing his colleges now. His academics are good enought for UH, Baylor, Texas A&M, etc.. So don't tell me this scholl does not do it's job in getting kids ready to take it to the next level. Good job Hightower !!

Hightower High School
3333 Hurricane Lane, Missouri City, TX  77459
Last modified Hightower High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hightower High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top