Posted April 29, 2014
One of the greatest schools in Texas. My grand kids are excelling in all subjects, sports, swing band and regular band. I visits the school frequently. Every time I go there, I find the students, instructors and surroundings to be superb. What a great atmosphere to learn in and be proud of.

Posted March 06, 2014
It seems like a lot must have changed from the older ratings on this site. My son has been at Baines for the last part of 6th grade and is now in 7th. We have had no problems at all and really like the school. He has excelled in band and his teachers are communicative and supportive. They have enough events at the school to keep us busy but not overwhelmed. He is in all GT classes but the homework has not been too heavy of a load. Only one complaint is that his teachers are not always quick to reply to emails I send them... some never reply. BUT on the good side, they do send out emails to keep parents informed about what is going on week by week and then if there are changes or concerns that come up.

Posted February 04, 2014
My family have had a great experience while our boys were are Baines Middle School. The Sixth grade experience was a smooth transition because of the organization and great communication from teachers to parents on a weekly basis. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 30, 2012
Despite being in a wonderful neighborhood, this school is a nightmare. They bus students in & brutal fights occur. It is no a healthy environment for learning. It is worth moving out of sienna to avoid this school.

Billy Baines Middle School 4

Posted October 03, 2011
As of this writing, 10/3/11, I am happy with my 6th grader's progress both socially and academically. The communication via weekly bulletins from team leader is wonderful. I know every Friday what has and what will be going on each week. So far so good. I heard horror stories about what we should look forward to in Baines and was thinking i was going to have to have a back up plan (private school).

Posted September 19, 2011
They flat out just don't care here. Good overshadowed by the bad. Cattle processing at its best. Top down failure. Proud of their mediocore status.

Posted August 14, 2011
Hey I'm a student at this school and I really wish I weren't...the environment is loud, the students are rude, and fights occur on a weekly basis. The only good points are that the school is new. The teachers aren't all that great, and don't really teach you what you need to know (save for a few).

Posted August 13, 2011
Baines is a school filled with many teachers that don't care about our kids. It is a horrible learning environment and a school for underachievers. They teach our kids to be mediocre and are setting them up for a future filled with failure. This school needs new staff, morals, values and a serious rain check.

Posted April 06, 2011
HORRIBLE school, HORRIBLE administrators, HORRIBLE neighborhood, HORRIBLE people in general. My Family moved because the area is just plain HORRIBLE!!! Don't walk away, run! Don't let them ruin your kids...

Billy Baines Middle School 4

Posted March 03, 2011
I think Baines is an excellent school. I agree with some of the reviews that it is overly crowded and there are some teachers who dont care. With that being said, you will find teachers in every school who dont care and it's all about the money. As a parent, get involved, communicate with the principal and if that does not work call the district. Ive had to make some phone calls to address concerns and trust me it makes a difference. No matter how much money you spend you will always have the teachers who dont care. Get involved make a difference in your childs education. There's not very many public schools that are worthy.. Baines is a good school!

Billy Baines Middle School
9000 Sienna Ranch Road, Missouri City, TX  77459
Last modified Billy Baines Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Billy Baines Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top