Montgomery, TX

Posted August 20, 2015
I have to agree with MRE's turning a blind eye to "no child left behind." They care more about raising money than the welfare of the children. Please stop calling them "kiddos." It's a cute little catchphrase, but it doesn't gloss over your disregard for what is really important -- our children. Before school even started this year, I received a letter requesting that each student bring in 50 box tops on the first day of school to get a free cone or something. It never ends.

Posted August 10, 2015
Your child/parent has to be with the in crowd. They are very tight and if you are not part of that, you and your kid may have a difficult time. My child is curious and asks a lot of questions, but because that interferes with the strict classroom schedule, my child is reprimanded for that and often sent out of the classroom. Then I get a phone saying that my child is missing too much classroom instruction because they send my child to the principal or counselor. And when you leave your job constantly to go pick up your child and comply with all their emails, phone calls and requests to help mold your child into what they want them to be, if that is not good enough, they will not hesitate to contact CPS on you. That happened to me and our case was "ruled out" immediately because of the frivolous and untrue claims. Instead of working with the parent(s), they resort to abusing governmental systems in place to protect children who are truly neglected, abused, or harmed. It's truly despicable considering this school's lack of protocol, not to mention the emotional heartache they inflict by filing untrue accusations. If you do not have a cookie-cutter "kiddo," better find a different school. I believe Stewart Creek, Lone Star, and Montgomery aren't as "dirty," so those would be better options for your child. Your child deserves the best learning environment with teachers who truly care about a child's welfare.

Madeley Ranch Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 10, 2015
After the awesome Mrs. Lopez and Mrs. Salter (principal and VP) left, it really went downhill. MRE is a stepping stone for greater things for those teachers and staff who have what it takes to be excellent educators. What's left at MRE is the residual clique, filled with all the rah-rah fanfare of the neverending fundraisers (getting your kids all hyped up when they come home to make you the bad cop for saying, "No, I do not want to pledge $50 so you can get a pencil.") They seem to think we are all made of money. Not in the favorites' group? Good luck. By the second month of the school year, they are already asking you for more supplies, even though you just got done spending $70 for your child's supplies. And that continues throughout the year. Then there is Teacher Appreciation WEEK where you are obligated to bring in a gift every day of that week. Gone are the good old days when schools were about educating our children, rather than fundraisers, and constantly asking for handouts by way of box tops, end of year teacher gifts at no less than $20 (and now your kids have the split classes so now you are obligated to dish out $40), school supply requests, covered dishes for more teacher appreciation luncheons.

Madeley Ranch Elementary School 5

Posted September 22, 2013
Fantastic Principal always ready to listen great staff and school and great community. Highly recommended.

Madeley Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2013
The school itself is safe and clean and surrounded by good families so it looks great on the outside. It is sad to say that this school among so many others is here to herd children through and take your money doing so. I was personally let down by the Principal, Vice-Principle, counselor and teacher. When I approached them with some results I found out about my student I was almost shunned. They made sure they let me know they knew more than me. Even guarded with results from a nationally recognized test they let me know their kids were "smart" to and would not help accommodate a bored child. There are a handful of great teachers at this school unfortunately the ones running it and their click of teachers make it a hit or miss school. Your kid will learn here but only what the state test requires nothing more. They are concerned about looking good on paper not helping students on their level individually.

Posted May 10, 2013
My child was one was just one in a crowd it's too bad they did not see what he had to offer. Now in a Gifted school in Houston, at Madeley he was labeled "immature". Even after discussing with teacher and counselor there was no effort to try to work with my child. They truly had no idea he was gifted because he was labeled and not a favorite. Don't bother attending this school if you don't play the favoritism game.

Madeley Ranch Elementary School 5

Posted August 19, 2010
This is one awesome well-rounded school. Excellent Teachers, Strong Leadership, Great lesson plans, and very involved families of the students along with very supportive staff! The minute you step into MRE...you feel at home! Always greeted with warm smiles & caring attitudes ;-)

Madeley Ranch Elementary School
P O Box 1475, Montgomery, TX  77356
Last modified Madeley Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madeley Ranch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top