Montgomery, TX
Students enrolled: 2,200

Montgomery High School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
Definitely needs improvement. I had one child graduate and the second is finishing up. Common sense seems to be lacking- example- exemption policy for taking finals. It appears when they changed to an 8 block schedule, they overlooked the policy in place from the A/B schedule. Thus, a student was able to miss 6 physical school days and still be able to exempt a final with the A/B schedule. The 3 day policy with an 8 block day means 3 days! I heard there was some poor kid who got hit by a vehicle crossing the street and because of his excess absences, that student could not exempt a final! What kind of message are they sending these students? Where they afraid the previous semester parents would complain? So who are they giving priority too? What about the students today? Should the past parents complain, the school should thank them for having brought this mistake to their attention and fixing it vs doing nothing and lying in fear. They need to implement a waiver policy as Tomball has for those poor students who has surgeries, hospitalization, etc. If they couldn't figure out something so easy as this, how are they going to handle a serious situation. Too much bureaucracy.

Montgomery High School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
Montgomery ISD is a great and does a great job in teaching the academically gifted students. However there is a few drawbacks here, the school does a poor job at addressing english and science in the on level classes. And the new eight period day schedule is very demanding on both teacher and student, which leaves many students to being left behind because of the fast pace schedule. The school doesn't really have any major social groups, nor bullies which is a gift. But school attention is focused on football for the boys and volleyball for the girls if your child is wanting to engage in any other extracurricular activity they may feel a bit left out. Also the school administration seems to a bit disorganized and disconnected from the student body which can lead to irritating decisions being made. But all in all its a good school, has a great environment, and perfect for a student who needs a academic challenge. But it is very fast paced

Montgomery High School 3

Posted April 09, 2014
Montgomery High could be a great school if all of our funds did not go into Football. It's well known that Football and Volleyball take up most of our funds, and that they will shortchange other programs (the art, and journalism especially) for Football. But for their extracurricular shortcomings, their academics are quite good. The AP programs have great teachers. Our Dual Credit program is also well done. So far as academics go, only the on level science department is lacking. As teachers, they are either great or they are awful, there is no inbetween.

Montgomery High School 2

Posted July 28, 2013
I have had one child graduate and currently our second child is at MHS. Our experience has been that if your child is not advanced academically, they will have problems in this district. Both my kids have struggled to keep up with this very demanding district. This is a mostly wealthy lake area district and the student body has the typical "cliques". Your normal middle class student may find themselves part of the minority here. On the other hand, if you are fortunate enough to be financially comfortable and have an advanced child, or can afford outside tutoring to keep up, you will love it. Sorry, we do not. As soon as our home sells, we will be glad to leave.

Montgomery High School 2

Posted December 14, 2012
We moved here from southwest Houston area. We thought that we were giving our kids the best school we could, but unfortunately this school, the majority of the teachers, the principals, etc are all self centered and think that they are God. They do not care about parent input. I have had to have attorneys close at hand for advance as they are so judgemental there. They hate to listen to any parents who.disagree with them. I regret sending my children here. Whatever you do, don't send your kids here. Pay a lot of money for.taxes and your voice of opinion is ignored.

Montgomery High School 5

Posted July 04, 2012
I'm not just a parent...I'm also a teacher here. Both of my children attend MHS and have different needs. One child has a learning disability and the other takes accelerated classes. The teachers here have been able to meet both of their needs and the supportive administration is an added bonus. The school board also does a fabulous job of supporting each school throughout the district and attending to their specific needs. We moved here for the schools seven years ago and have experienced MES on up and have found all schools to be exceptional!

Montgomery High School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
Great School!!! Was inrolled there for the last six years including Junior High..

Montgomery High School 5

Posted January 02, 2010
I've gone to Montgomery since 1st grade, i've had to deal with dyslexia all my life, Montgomery teachers helped me alot. I received modifications till 10th grade now I am without them and the extra help I make all A's. for the parents say the teachers don't help and are not willing to help. maby your child is just to dang lazy.

Montgomery High School 1

Posted April 22, 2009

Montgomery High School 0

Posted January 26, 2009
I must say after reading all of these reviews that if you are a parent interested in sending your children to any of these schools to go and spend the day there with them, and see for yourself. After moving here from Philadelphia 2 1/2 years ago, I researched and reviewed so many schools and something kept leaning me toward Montgomery even when I'd read the ratings and reviews of many other schools. I am so glad that I made the decision to send my children here. They were lacking self esteem being in this new part of the world and they have done nothing but thrive since attending Montgomery Schools. I believe that all of the staff has a stake in helping all children to be all they can be. As far as testing goes, the blame lies with your former president not Montgomery Schools.

Montgomery High School
P O Box 1475, Montgomery, TX  77356
Last modified Montgomery High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montgomery High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top