Morton, TX

Morton Elementary School 5

Posted August 07, 2005
- a former student
Excellent facilities and teachers. You really get what you put into the school. If you want your child to succeed, all the tools are available. I'm proud to be a Morton Elementary alumna.

Morton Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2004
I think this school is badly lacking. When a school only has a 34% overall rating for students passing the TAKS exam, that is purely sorry and I think must lie with the teachers the school is employing.

Morton Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2004
The teaching salary is low here, but, the cost of living is low, also. All of the teachers I have met here are very dedicated and work as though they are being paid triple. The Pre-K program is excellent and the teachers are very educated in their field. In a small town with little growth, it is hard to find and keep experienced teachers, or, any one in any field. Some teachers carpool in from surrounding towns. I feel they have a love for the children and know they are needed here. I have seen children who couldn't even speak English flourish within a year because of caring teachers. We have a lot of migrant families and children who can't speak English. After a year or two, they speak English well. Because of Pre-K, when starting Kindergarten, my daughter knew more than I did when I left my inner-city first grade.

Morton Elementary School
500 Champion Drive, Morton, TX  79346
Last modified Morton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top