Posted March 11, 2012
My daughter came to Barton from another school district with a lets just say less than enthusiastic attitude. The teachers at Barton have done a wonderful job and really allowed her to shine. One of her most challenging subject before was social studies. She comes home almost every day now excited about what she learned in Coach Russo's U.S. History class. It excites me as a parent to see her so enthusiastic about learning and to be able to carry on conversations with her about all the wonderful things she is learning in this teachers classroom. Great job Barton teachers and keep up the great work!

Posted August 18, 2011
This is my son's 8th grade yr and my daughter's 6th grade yr. We love Barton. The band program is awesome. As for test scores, my son was chosen to take the SAT's in 7th grade and did amazingly well. We feel Barton is preparing these children for greatness. The teachers give up their own time to help students with tutoring. Everyone is very dedicated. Only complaint is PE has 6th-8th all together.

R C Barton Middle School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
I have 2 students at Barton and we have had excellent years. The teachers are wonderful, especially Jessica Homesley and Alicia Hernandez, who really challenge the kids to achieve more than they believe they can. The band program is excellent. BJ Sayger has got kids absolutely loving it! It has been a great 3 years for us and looking forward to 2 more!

R C Barton Middle School 2

Posted November 19, 2009
Very poor communication from the principal. I called to share concerns and found him to have a bad attitude, to be flippant and not to care. Kept stating that they were following State of Texas guidelines. When my daughter has at most 10 minutes of homework a night, receives straight As, but fails benchmark and district tests, I see a real problem. Following state standards are obviously not enough. I feel that our children are being 'dumbed down' and we are failing them miserably.

R C Barton Middle School 4

Posted March 03, 2009
Teachers are awesome! They go above and beyond with my 6th grader- They truly care. I do worry about safety and supervision in halls and in the cafeteria and do not like that 6,7,8 share lunch and PE. There does seem to be a lot of PDA with 8th graders- The assistant principal is very friendly and supportive and responds to questions- however, I have heard from other parents beside myself and own experience that the principal does not respond to emails. As a parent- I think it is important that all questions and concerns are responded to in a timely manner. Otherwise- I feel this school goes above and beyond in the way of academic expectations. My son loves it.

Posted February 20, 2009
it is great i was thankful to in roll my child

R C Barton Middle School 0

Posted January 22, 2009
I am very pleased with this school, my son has attended another middle school in this district, barton stands head and shoulders above the others

Posted August 11, 2008

R C Barton Middle School 1

Posted May 14, 2008

R C Barton Middle School 4

Posted September 30, 2006
I am very pleased with this school overall. My girls are so happy to be going here and have enjoyed every aspect of their school days. They have moved a lot and have had the best success at this school.

R C Barton Middle School
4950 Jack C Hays Trail, Mountain City, TX  78610
Last modified R C Barton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R C Barton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top