Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is graduating this May from Fort Montessori. When he joined Fort 2 years ago, he did not know to read or write. He was mostly with his grand parents and had difficulty listening. Now my son can do 2 digit addition and can read small stories fluently. I would like to thank the Teachers at Fort Montessori for giving him great care and attention. We will miss Fort Montessori.

Most of the teachers here are very lazy. They don't care about the children, but just want to do the mere minimum to get their paycheck. If your child causes them any "inconvenience" (the exact word used for my child), they will send a note home. and when you bring it up during parent-teacher meeting, they will brush it off saying it was something silly (then why would you send a note home complaining about it?). The director Martha will send you extremely rude, lengthy emails about your child's misbehavior (in-person she wont say much and will dodge your questions) but will not respond to your general email for days (while she constantly send out other event emails). And when/if she replies, she will not sign off with her name so now you do not know who wrote the email (multiple people use the same email). She also pushes you to sign up for different activities (obvious extra $$ for the school) and will send your child to tryouts without your consent. My imperfect 4 yr old has done just fine for 3.5 yrs in his old school and is doing great in his new one. When you have a gut feeling that a place isn't right for your child, (and watch your child be terrified in presence of the director, a visual no mother should see or will forget), just follow your heart and take your child elsewhere where he/she will be cared for. The only good thing about this school is the montessori curriculum.

Great teachers, great director, great staff. My son has never loved school more than he does here

We are very happy here our daughter has learned so much! The staff is very nice and we have never had any communication issues. I highly recommend Fort Montessori!

Hello I would just like to warn any parents out there who are thinking about taking their child to Fort Montessori Academy. The communication at this school is terrible. I had two instances that occurred while my child attended this school. First they did not communicate that a teacher had quit and when I dropped off my child to his classroom I had never even seen this person at the school before. So I dropped off my 2 year to a total stranger in the room who was apparently a sub until they could hire someone. There was no communication about this until I was called to come pick up my child who was upset. Well what child wouldn't be upset? The second instance occurred through an email from the director saying my child was having a hard time. I then received an email the next day stating that my child was being kicked out of the program in a nice way. However I was never told that my child was not doing well or having any problems. In fact the teachers invited me in a week earlier to show me how well my child was doing. SO I had ZERO communication that my child was having a hard time and then they just kicked him out. So I would steer clear of this school if I were you

Last modified Fort Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grade PK