Murphy, TX

Posted October 24, 2013
We are very happy with this school education system. i did home schooling to my son for an year and our expectation is always high about choosing school. This school met our expectations. Teacher are very nice and always communicate with parents. Staff's are very carticious. My son goes to 3rd grade and he is happy as well. My son has more exposure to meet wonderful kids from different ethnicity and they came from nice background and polite as well.

Posted February 18, 2013
. We as parents had been told in March of 2011 that our first grade daughter was doing "fine" and was an "average student" in Washington. Well -- maybe so -- for Washington state. Near the end of first grade (Spring of 2011) my daughter came to Martha Hunt Elementary from the inferior schools in the state of Washington. To start second grade (fall of 2011) at Hunt she tested at the minimum proficiency level for a kindergartner on the MAP test -- far too low to be in first grade, much less second grade. Early in third grade (Fall of 2012) she tested at the 4th/5th grade level on the MAP tests except one. In only one test did she test at the expected proficiently level for her grade. She exceeded grade level on all other tests. Hunt worked miracles for my daughter in about 15 months -- which included summer school.

Martha Hunt Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2012
I am a parent at Hunt Ele. I also work for Plano ISD. Hunt needs a leadership change. The school has a culture of looking the other way when it comes to student security. Most parents are already familiar w/ the arrest and conviction of a Hunt teacher. The leadership should have been removed then. Lack of security STILL exists. Each year I have spoken with the Principal about the way student photos are taken during Sem. 2. Photos are taken, printed, and sent home, even if you DID NOT order the photos. Parents return the unwanted images. We have gone to the principal's office each year and asked her, "Where do the unwanted photos go? Are they shredded, or thrown out?" She has no idea. She said, "The school returns the photos back to the photo co.". Her concern is the $ it brings in, doesn't care were the images end up or the cost to our environment. Our child's MAP scores were always above benchmark, then in 2nd grade it dropped below benchmark. That teacher had been moved from 5th grade to 2nd. Our current teacher/team lead was 1 hr late for parent/teach conf. this year. CLEAN HOUSE! Get rid of underperforming teachers! Check AEIS Scores for Hunt. Going down!

Posted January 05, 2012
No complaints whatsoever. The principal does a great job. Wonderful volunteering programs. Great involving teachers who really care. Very pleased with my child's education and NO child needs to be above IQ average to succeed at Hunt as a previous reviewer said. (What a ridiculous comment) If the student struggles is up to the parents to ask for help from the school which offers many resources. Hunt is awesome!!:))))

Posted October 06, 2011
This is an excellent school. The principal is excellent. She holds her staff, students, and parents to a very high standard. The staff is caring and goes the extra mile to provide for the needs of individual students. The curriculum is top notch, and students score well on tests and excel when they get to middle school. The school is a Exemplary school, which is the highest rating in the state of Texas. The students are diverse and come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. The students are friendly and understanding of various cultures, and they treat each other with respect even if they are "different." Parents are highly involved at school and in the education of their children. Overall, it is a fantastic school!

Martha Hunt Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2010
My family and I moved from AZ about a year ago. I have to say, being the "newbies" in the school, the parents, teachers were and have been very helpful. My girls have done very well at this school and truly have enjoyed their teachers. The teachers are very caring and attentive to the childrens needs. I would recommend this school to anyone just starting out with a Kindergartner or older.

Posted May 12, 2010
We moved from Michigan last year and my son started attending Hunt Elementary here in Murphy. He has improved so much with his curriculum. A lot of the credit goes to his teacher and the staff of Hunt elementary. Really a great school primarily because of the teachers and staff.

Posted April 15, 2010
I love hunt elementary! ms.Mullen is my fav teacher ever that teaches there.

Posted September 16, 2009
Its a grt place, lots of room for kids to work and play.

Martha Hunt Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
This is a great school if your child is above average in IQ. But, if your child struggles, parents be on your toes!

Martha Hunt Elementary School
415 Oriole Drive, Murphy, TX  75094
Last modified Martha Hunt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martha Hunt Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top