Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school has some very good teachers, but there are a few teachers in Kindergarten who definitely seem to show bias/favoritism(for lack of a better word). Kids of classroom moms/PTA moms win more "spirit" sticks and get more attention all the time. What are "spirit" sticks for kindergarteners anyway? If it is to improve the "spirit" it is definitely having the opposite effect of my kindergartener at least. Why the scam of awarding "Spirit" sticks when it is based on teacher's bias? The school is turning pay-to-play. The more gifts and presents that the teachers are indulged with, the greater attention your kid gets. If I have to pay bribes to get teacher's attention, I might as well send the kid to a Private school. My kid has been showing declining interest in attending school and I think it is due to the fact of feeling left out most of the time with respect to any positive attention/re-inforcement in the class.

Amount of homework: no rating

My child will start Kindergarten so I don't have enough exposure to provide the rating.

Develops character: Neutral

My child will start Kindergarten so I dont have enough exposure to provide the rating.

According to schooldigger.com, why is this school ranked at 104th behind Boggess School??? Something needs to change. I believe our community pays pretty penny on property taxes . Unfortunately, I got my first impression that the school was so focused on raising money and volunteer program during the teachers' presentation. It should be focused on education. A public school should not dictate what my child should wear on Fridays. Of course, a shirt we had to pay $20.00 for. The culture needs some changes...

We just relocated to Parker and my kids are enrolled at hunt and so far the teachers are excellent, they possess excellent skills especially communicating with parents and my kids are doing very well and they adjusted quickly to the friendly school environment. The most amazing thing about this school is how my 5 year old has tremendously improved within 2 months of been in Jennifer LaWinter the kindergarten teacher class, she is very professional and treat my 5 year old Son like her own even though my son is very slow but she have all the patient to walk with him. Thanks Martha Hunt.

We are very happy with this school education system. i did home schooling to my son for an year and our expectation is always high about choosing school. This school met our expectations. Teacher are very nice and always communicate with parents. Staff's are very carticious. My son goes to 3rd grade and he is happy as well. My son has more exposure to meet wonderful kids from different ethnicity and they came from nice background and polite as well.

. We as parents had been told in March of 2011 that our first grade daughter was doing "fine" and was an "average student" in Washington. Well -- maybe so -- for Washington state. Near the end of first grade (Spring of 2011) my daughter came to Martha Hunt Elementary from the inferior schools in the state of Washington. To start second grade (fall of 2011) at Hunt she tested at the minimum proficiency level for a kindergartner on the MAP test -- far too low to be in first grade, much less second grade. Early in third grade (Fall of 2012) she tested at the 4th/5th grade level on the MAP tests except one. In only one test did she test at the expected proficiently level for her grade. She exceeded grade level on all other tests. Hunt worked miracles for my daughter in about 15 months -- which included summer school.

I am a parent at Hunt Ele. I also work for Plano ISD. Hunt needs a leadership change. The school has a culture of looking the other way when it comes to student security. Most parents are already familiar w/ the arrest and conviction of a Hunt teacher. The leadership should have been removed then. Lack of security STILL exists. Each year I have spoken with the Principal about the way student photos are taken during Sem. 2. Photos are taken, printed, and sent home, even if you DID NOT order the photos. Parents return the unwanted images. We have gone to the principal's office each year and asked her, "Where do the unwanted photos go? Are they shredded, or thrown out?" She has no idea. She said, "The school returns the photos back to the photo co.". Her concern is the $ it brings in, doesn't care were the images end up or the cost to our environment. Our child's MAP scores were always above benchmark, then in 2nd grade it dropped below benchmark. That teacher had been moved from 5th grade to 2nd. Our current teacher/team lead was 1 hr late for parent/teach conf. this year. CLEAN HOUSE! Get rid of underperforming teachers! Check AEIS Scores for Hunt. Going down!

No complaints whatsoever. The principal does a great job. Wonderful volunteering programs. Great involving teachers who really care. Very pleased with my child's education and NO child needs to be above IQ average to succeed at Hunt as a previous reviewer said. (What a ridiculous comment) If the student struggles is up to the parents to ask for help from the school which offers many resources. Hunt is awesome!!:))))

This is an excellent school. The principal is excellent. She holds her staff, students, and parents to a very high standard. The staff is caring and goes the extra mile to provide for the needs of individual students. The curriculum is top notch, and students score well on tests and excel when they get to middle school. The school is a Exemplary school, which is the highest rating in the state of Texas. The students are diverse and come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. The students are friendly and understanding of various cultures, and they treat each other with respect even if they are "different." Parents are highly involved at school and in the education of their children. Overall, it is a fantastic school!

Last modified Martha Hunt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.