Bad
Good

Murphy middle school used to be a good school, but it has been going worse. It's said the school team dropped to 5th position in 2015 N. Texas math count competition. it's was 3rd one in 2014!!!. The math class teachers are not qualified. Otto middle school might replace current position of Murphy middle school in the future.

Murphy is a wonderful school. I am a current eighth grader and have absolutely LOVED all my 3 years here. It's hard to describe, but I just don't want to leave middle school because all of the students are just so kind to one another and it is just so easy to sit next to somebody and start an interesting conversation. The teachers here are tremendous. You can tell that they really care about the students' success and they are just so fun to be around. Many of the teachers are young so they have a relatable sense of humor. There is very little bullying in Murphy Middle School and it is definitely a wonderful place that students can thrive in.

Murphy was the worst 3 years of my life. This school changed who I am in so many different ways, I saw and heard things that I wish I never did. I rode the bus to and from school almost everyday and got made fun of for being a Muslim and wearing a scarf. After a year I decided it was too much to handle, so I took it off one day. I walked onto that bus and I never got made fun of for it again. The fine arts programs are amazing and so are most of the teachers there. I had a lot of good and bad memories from this school. The work is tough in 8th but everything else was a breeze. All in all its an okay school... I wish I could've transferred though.

i used to go to this school and i absolutely loved it!!! the teachers are fun and nice. i was in band and the teacher there is the best i ever had!!! i recommend doing band if you like to have fun and go places. the kids are nice and all get along. i will miss that school with all my heart . if you want your child to go to a great school this is the right school!!!

I love this school, however I am sorry my last review was my brother typing on my computer. This school has mostly amazing teachers, however the school system makes it a bit hard to progress if you are very advanced/gifted. They don't want to spend too much time on the higher up things, instead they focus on the bottom to make sure everyone is doing okay.

I am glad I go to this school. Just because of all the great teachers. I am looking foward to moving on and having a very succesful future. Also, to move on in life to care and not to care. This school takes great care of the murphy family. That is including the neighborhood, the city, the teachers , and especcially the students. Thanks Murphy Middle School.

How could this parent know or have an opinion on if everyone is treated equal? This once again proves my point....focal point fine arts!

This is a great school! Very tough and lots of homework, it's not a school for a lazy child thats for sure! I feel that my child will be prepared when its time for high school! The work load in math is completely different so be prepared. Everyone is treated equally, and the orchestra program is one of the best you will find!

Im a seventh grader going here and I love it. There are many electives (classes) to choose from, a wonderful athletic department (im starting defensive end and "Y" receiver this year), and an amazing fine arts department. The teachers are kind, and are always looking to help. I just got home from one of the socials which are really fun,...if you know what i mean. (wink)

this school is just plain average. the coaches are great. but students here are way too up tight and need to learn to relax more. it also was a very tough school. which may be a good thing. until the students begin to feel pressured. The parents need to chillax more too.

Last modified Murphy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.