Bad
Good

I am a parent of three who wants the best for my children. Nederland school district (Helena Park / CO Wilson) has been by far the best choice I have made for my kids. For instance, my daughter who has a learning disability is more confident in herself and her ability to learn. Starting 4th grade, she instantly received extra help 4 days a week; where as in Port Arthur, she was help once a week for 30 mins. Now it's time for me to move out of state and it feels like the hardest choice I have to make thus far. I will miss this school but not as much as my kids will.

This school has wanted nothing but money from me from day one! They are so greedy it's unreal! I know people that are moving out of the district because they hate it so much! Unfortunately we just bought a home in Nederland so my sons will be stuck with this terrible district for years! If I would have known they would be so greedy , selfish and careless I would have never moved here!

Helena Park Elementary School is the best school there is. The school has the Relay for Life program. The teaching skills are really good. I am proud to be a student there. The principal is really nice.He does not give paddles. L.B. 4th grade

My Grandchildren attend Helena Park Elementary in Nederland Texas. It is a great school. The principal Dr. Evans is very active with all his students. The teaching staff is really great. The office people are always helpful and friendly. The lunch ladies and cleaning people are always smiling and friendly. Then there is the kids, what a wonderful, full of energy this group is.

I know they have an excellent academic program..My daughter was in their 'accelerated/GT program' for 3 years. It was same group of kids in one classroom..I think it is important to keep them all together to encourage better performance. We since have moved & are very disappointed with her NEW school..they offer a 'GT' type class once a week for 4 hours..Helena Park's music dept does a great job teaching the kids how to read music notes. Exercise is an important part of the day for the kids..I think it helps relieve stress from schoolwork and helps the kids stay physically fit..The PTA is an awesome group of women..They are on top of everything and help make the school as great as it is...

Last modified Helena Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.