Bad
Good

First of all the lady at the front desk/office I not friendly more like sour. One other thing they keep sending papers trying to sell you shirts or pictures or asking for money I have purchased a few Shirts already. The school lacks a decent playground and a track. Other than that i still believe it is a good school.

It is a good school for this area. The office staff is not very friendly, and they rarely ever let the kids have recess!

My Grandson, a 2nd grader with learning disabilities, was enrolled at Hillcrest for 2 months only. I saw an improvement in him daily!! I don't even know how to put into words how much I appreciate each and every staff member there. This would be my Grandson's first time in a regular class, more than 8 students, which is what he was used to. His teacher, Ms. Duffie, had the entire class wait in the hall his first day while she talked with me and made sure he felt comfortable. The counselor, the special education teachers, the principal, teachers and staff I didn't even know, and, for lack of a better word, the receptionist (bulldog's "boss") all had a hand in making this experience an easy one, for both of us. The 'dream team' all made a difference in my Grandson's life. Having a 'round table' meeting discussing his needs, improvements, observations, what has worked, or not, and their plan for his daily learning based solely on his needs gave me hope. I couldn't have asked for a better school than Hillcrest. Thanks to all at Hillcrest, GMom

Need to lighten up on the children. They rarely have outside time or time to talk amongst themselves. All they're worried about is high grades which is important but they put too much stress on the kids.

Hillcrest is one of the best schools in the district. The education of the students is top priority and it shows in their learning abilities. It is an awesome school! My oldest attends and I am really looking forward to my other two when they are of age. I can not say enough about this school!

Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.