Nederland, TX

Posted April 08, 2014
My Grandson, a 2nd grader with learning disabilities, was enrolled at Hillcrest for 2 months only. I saw an improvement in him daily!! I don't even know how to put into words how much I appreciate each and every staff member there. This would be my Grandson's first time in a regular class, more than 8 students, which is what he was used to. His teacher, Ms. Duffie, had the entire class wait in the hall his first day while she talked with me and made sure he felt comfortable. The counselor, the special education teachers, the principal, teachers and staff I didn't even know, and, for lack of a better word, the receptionist (bulldog's "boss") all had a hand in making this experience an easy one, for both of us. The 'dream team' all made a difference in my Grandson's life. Having a 'round table' meeting discussing his needs, improvements, observations, what has worked, or not, and their plan for his daily learning based solely on his needs gave me hope. I couldn't have asked for a better school than Hillcrest. Thanks to all at Hillcrest, GMom

Hillcrest Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2007
Need to lighten up on the children. They rarely have outside time or time to talk amongst themselves. All they're worried about is high grades which is important but they put too much stress on the kids.

Posted February 16, 2007
Hillcrest is one of the best schools in the district. The education of the students is top priority and it shows in their learning abilities. It is an awesome school! My oldest attends and I am really looking forward to my other two when they are of age. I can not say enough about this school!

Posted July 12, 2005
- a former student

Posted January 21, 2005

Posted February 05, 2004

Posted January 21, 2004
I believe Hillcrest Elementary is one of our best. Great teachers. Great principal. The main objective is the children, their safety and their education. My children attended Hillcrest and now my grandchildren attend. I highly recommend Hillcrest.

Hillcrest Elementary School
220 North 17th Street, Nederland, TX  77627
Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top