Needville, TX
Students enrolled: 1,064

Posted June 03, 2013
If you believe your five year old needs to go to a military school then this school might be an option for you. I found this school was the absolute worst thing that I could have done to my son. He was a very sweet, playful and quite boy. Then we moved and sent him to kindergarten at needville elementary. He was so scared he would forget something he needed and get yelled at in school. All the faculty is just plan mean. My son cried all the time. This school would have to be the capital for bullying tought by the parents and teachers in this town. It is true if you are not one of them you will not be treated well at all.

Posted November 27, 2012
Our family did not grow up here and we have never felt like an outsider in this school. Our son has had two great years so far. We've done our best to stay connected by volunteering and communicating with his teacher when necessary. He has never had a discipline problem. We respect the strictness of the school and that children are expected to show respect to their teachers and peers.

Posted September 22, 2011
First off if you are not from this town and didn't grow up here, I would not recommend placing your child here. My daughter is in first grade and has been here since Kindergarten and I have had nothing but problems with her teachers. I personally am a strict parent, I was raised military and I believe in being stern with your children when needed, but here they treat my daughter as if she is some kind of wild child when if fact she is just being a "child". They are more concerned if she hummed or made a peep than her learning abilities. The teachers are mostly a bunch of "desperate housewives" that are unhappy at home and they constantly gossip...I have seen this first hand on more than one occasion. Now I'm not saying they are all this way, because there are some great teachers that are wonderful people, but the bad take over the good by a loooong shot.

Posted July 28, 2011
Needville Elementary is a really good school. Parents who complain can not accept that students are held accountable for their actions. The teachers are great. The cheap shots taken at them are uncalled for. If you do not like a good education with old school values,then Needville is not the place for you,please go somewhere else.

Needville Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2011
The teachers were definitely in their own little *buddy* group. The children of teachers and other teachers and friends were treated far better than the regular students. Individual attention for students was not given fairly. The TAKS was much more important than regular learning. They hand out detentions like candy and give dress code policy like prison wardens. It's a terrible place for a child to have any individuality. Just like the child who was Indian and was forced to cut his hair at this school. It's a poor excuse for a school. It's just a fraternity and sorority for teachers to consort and gossip and not educate.nor do they treat students properly. So sad. I got my daughter out of this school faster than you can imagine! She is ten thousand times happier where we are now.

Needville Elementary School 0

Posted March 12, 2010
No matter how good everyone's grades may be, this school is failing in their mission to enlighten and educate, to inspire critical thinkers or well-adjusted adults. They are not educators, but indoctrinators.

Posted July 24, 2009
I have been very happy with this school. My daughter loves to learn and is mad when she doesn't make A's. I believe it is because of the commendments that they receive. Their good work is not ignored. I have been happier here than when she atteneded West University ES in Houston.

Posted May 01, 2009

Posted January 27, 2009
This is an excellent school. I am a previous employee and a previous student of the same elementary school. My son went there also. If all schools were like this, there would be a lot less problems in our communities. For those who want to move to the district, check in to it before enrolling your child or children. Do not try to change our rules to fit what you want!

Posted August 17, 2008

Needville Elementary School
P O Box 412, Needville, TX  77461
Last modified Needville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Needville Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top