Bad
Good

Great School, teachers take their time to explain the work and help out the students when they need assistance.

I went to this school from Kindergarten to my Senior year. It was a blast growing up with all my fellow teachers and students. I have always imagined my children growing up and going to Community because it was such a great school growing up. All the tearchers were nice and willing to help you if you just asked them. Mrs Long's child development class for my dreames of becoming a teacher helped prepare me for some of my parenting skills, but nothing could have prepared me for a baby with dysphagia. Two out of four of my children are going to school now, and I love the idea of opening the MOOSE binder and seeing how well they did in class that day.

I went to this school starting in 1st grade and graduated, moved away, but moved back for my son to start K . He is now in 2nd grade and we have had issues every year. My son is a quick learner and is ready to move on to the next lesson. I understand that not all the students learn at the same pace as my son, but the staff has been very inadequate at keeping him challenged and will not give him additional work to keep him busy - so he gets bored and in return starts to talk too much. We have switched to a new teacher in Feb and the difference in teachers has just been amazing. We are now moving to put my son in a 'more challenging' school district. I love his current teacher, but we can't keep her every year.

I worked at this school for eight years. This is an bsolutely awesome school. I have not worked here for two years but, have a child in the first grade. I love his teacher and I love the new principal!

The teacher student ratio in the classroom for 4th grade is wrong. I know the rooms have over 21 kids in each classroom. This says an average 16 kids per classroom. We haven't been happy with the school this year. In 4th grade we've had teacher issues and some of them not putting forth the effort to help. I was told by one of the teachers she had too much going on and couldn't make the extra time. I asked if they had tutoring and she said it was full. Her option was Friday school. Kids go to the office and work on work they can't get done in class. I'm not sure how much help they have. To me for a struggling student this makes them more discouraged. He needs one on one attention. I'm giving the school one more yr. before we will find another school to go to.

Our first year was great. This year the school is over-crowded and it seems the kids aren't getting the help they need. Some of the teachers still have the small town mentality and need to open up to bigger and better things. With the new school opening in Lavon hopefully the classrooms won't be overcrowded, and the kids will get the help they need. Some of the teachers seem over worked and not able to give the extra time some of the kids need. Kids can only get tutoring during school hours during their specials or recess. There is no after school or before school help. The only way you can qualify for tutoring is if you are failing bad. My son had asked for help once and the teacher told him 'ask your parents'. It just may be the grade level my child is in, because last year was great.

My son attends here and we've been very pleased with his learning and teachers. I do agree though with some of the others posts that the school district has not kept up with the growth in the area.

There are a lot of small town politics in this district.The ladies in the office are friendly at the elementary but I cant say much for the majority.I have never felt 'welcome'.I also do no agree with not being allowed to walk my child to her classroom.I do not feel my child is getting the best education here.The special needs department has been the worst experience with my older child. The teacher did not want to deal with a child that was on a very low level and made noises she felt was irritating.Reg. ed is decen.Special ed is lacking in every way!District revolves around sports,not education.

Last modified Mcclendon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.