Bad
Good

Great school, teachers and coaching staff. Proud parent of Community school district. The district continues to improve and grow.

I really love Community Middle School because when you don't understand the problem they really do care about helping you do understan it! :]

I know the 5th grade teachers work many hours before and after school to help each student succeed.

I have a 5th grade student and think the 5th grade teachers really care about each student. The principals work with parents to do the best for each child. I have 2 older children who went to Plano schools. They were lost in a big school. More is offered in a big school, but I think the trade off is worth it. Parents can come up and help run copies for teachers, do bulletin boards etc...Everyone knows you. Every district has problems, but I feel Community is on the right track.

I have a 5th grader and I but I find the CMS to be very average. If you don't expect anything you won't be disappointed. The Gift and Talented program is minimal and about the best that is done is to put the GT students in one class but teach them to same as everyone else. The teacher knows it's the 'smart class' but I see no difference in the curriculum. It is almost as though the 5th graders are the step children of the school. I only hope it gets better in 6th grade. However, I am not holding my breath. It all seems very average. Nothing horribly wrong, nothing truly wonderful.

Last modified Leland E Edge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.