Leland E Edge Middle School 5

Posted May 07, 2014
Great school, teachers and coaching staff. Proud parent of Community school district. The district continues to improve and grow.

Posted July 10, 2009
I really love Community Middle School because when you don't understand the problem they really do care about helping you do understan it! :]

Posted January 10, 2009
I know the 5th grade teachers work many hours before and after school to help each student succeed.

Posted March 29, 2007
I have a 5th grade student and think the 5th grade teachers really care about each student. The principals work with parents to do the best for each child. I have 2 older children who went to Plano schools. They were lost in a big school. More is offered in a big school, but I think the trade off is worth it. Parents can come up and help run copies for teachers, do bulletin boards etc...Everyone knows you. Every district has problems, but I feel Community is on the right track.

Posted January 31, 2007
I have a 5th grader and I but I find the CMS to be very average. If you don't expect anything you won't be disappointed. The Gift and Talented program is minimal and about the best that is done is to put the GT students in one class but teach them to same as everyone else. The teacher knows it's the 'smart class' but I see no difference in the curriculum. It is almost as though the 5th graders are the step children of the school. I only hope it gets better in 6th grade. However, I am not holding my breath. It all seems very average. Nothing horribly wrong, nothing truly wonderful.

Leland E Edge Middle School 2

Posted September 08, 2006
With the limited number of electives offered, my eight grader will not get the education to prepare him for college. The middle school principle is not interested in keeping the few offered, much less adding more. Moral amongst students and parents is low due to his lack of true concern for their needs. I see more emphasis on serving detentions, rather than the education of students. It's afterall, our tax dollars and our children's future we are dealing with. Give us something to be proud of. Let's give our children the foundation for a great future. They only get one chance to prepare, after that it's too late.

Leland E Edge Middle School 1

Posted August 13, 2006
With a recent reduction in force of the teachers, teacher morale is down. The principal seems dismissive with teachers, parents, etc... There is a definite strain between the two administrators and the teachers.

Posted June 29, 2006
- a former student
Some of the greatest qualities about Community MS is the low teacher/student ratio in the classrooms, but that is all changing with a Reduction In Force Policy. There is not a PTA and I got the feeling that the principal could care less that one got started!

Leland E Edge Middle School 0

Posted April 01, 2005
Community Campus is growing but needs to prepare for the future. There is no PTA that I know of. Also, there are not many extra activities to keep the kids from being bored except for sports of course. They need more field trips and elective courses.

Posted March 23, 2005
This is an open and friendly campus. It would benefit from more parent involvement. Students can choose Advanced Math, English or Art (which is unusual for such a small school) This campus is lacking in it's dyslexic program.

Leland E Edge Middle School
P O Box 400, Nevada, TX  75173
Last modified Leland E Edge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leland E Edge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top