New Braunfels, TX

Mt Valley Middle School 5

Posted January 21, 2013
We moved to Canyon Lake about 2 1/2years ago when my eldest was in 7th grade and we enrolled her in MVMS towards the end of March so she only was there for about 2 months of the school year then she went there for the whole year of 8th grade. Her teachers were very caring and had conferences with me about how she was doing not only Academically but how she was in class too. Now this year I have a 6th grader who loves it there. All the staff made her feel welcome and they took time with parents to show them around and give them the opportunity to see there classes and meet there teachers. I have 2 more children who will also be coming up through MVMS and I would not have it ANY other way!!! MVMS has a strong principal and great leadership and supportive Staff. They want the best for there kids at MVMS and I know they work hard and diligently to make it as such. They strive for excellence! No place is perfect nor is any person but we all try our best to do so. I am so proud to be a part of the MVMS Hawk Family. This area is a great place to live and raise a family through our schools here. MVMS works hard to provide opportunity's for parent's to get involved! Go Hawks!

Mt Valley Middle School 4

Posted January 20, 2013
I have 2 children who attend MVMS, I am on the PTA board, and I mentor through CIS, so I am pretty familiar with the school, and we love it. Dr. Maika arrived 2 1/2 years ago and has made considerable changes that have benefited the school. Unfortunately, MVMS has a pretty bad reputation that came under the former principal. Mr. Maika has worked tremendously hard to fix the problems. Is it perfect? No, but I doubt you will find a school that is. Dr. Maika has made some major staff changes, and the teachers who remain and the new teachers who were hired are truly amazing. They are dedicated and supportive of the students. Ms. Montelongo (vice principal) is great and the addition of Mr. Kagey (vice principal) has to be one of the best things to happen to MVMS this year. The athletics department is great, the addition of coach Hargis as the girls athletics director is very exciting. She makes sure that girls athletics receives the same perks that the boys do, and works those girls pretty hard. I am very happy with MVMS, and if ever I am not, I just contact the administration and the problem is addressed within 24 hours. You really can't ask for more than that.

Mt Valley Middle School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
This is the worst school my children have ever gone to the communication from the school to the parents is horrible some of the teachers my children have had are rude and unexceptable with the way they have spoken to my children and don't even get me started on the office staff at this point I am doing what I can to get my children in a different school and if that doesn't work I am going to homeschool them.

Mt Valley Middle School 5

Posted December 14, 2009
i am in 6th grade and i go there it is very large.the teachers are so cool.Band is not that exspensive. Just to say that school is realy great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mt Valley Middle School
1404 Ih 35 N, New Braunfels, TX  78130
Last modified Mt Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Valley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top