Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have had nothing but positive experiences with this school. A lot has to do with the teachers and staff. This is our 3rd year at oak creek and I have nothing but positive thoughts about the teachers and staff and how they care about the students.

Develops character: Neutral

The teachers do play favoritism and sometimes can be unfair to other children! The Assistant Principal is very rude. As a parent I was talking to the front office staff and she interrupted without an apology or excuse me. And didn't apologize for her rudeness. However that the actions of one administrator of fairness.

My child went from QT to almost failing, Her teacher was a real disappointment She can plan a wedding and could tell you the ringtone of the caller! The staff changes were ridiculous! Poor parent communication! Moved to another school in the district and have been satisfied.

Awesome school, the teachers and staff have always been helpful. We love that the teachers push our child to succeed in the most positive way.

We moved to the area from a large city and I was extremely disappointed in this school. My daughter's homeroom teacher was terrible, talking on her cell phone during class time. The teacher's phone rang so much my daughter knew her ringtone and plans for an upcoming wedding. The class was required to recite statements about the sacrifices her child was making so the class could have supplies. Comments and complaints make no difference in how these issues are addressed. You can not expect students to understand proper cell phone use, but it is not appropriately modeled for the students.

My daughter was recently diagnosed with dyslexia and it was the teacher who stepped up and said she thought it was an issue. The teachers have been great in trying to get her tested and making the appropriate accommodations for her. Her last school I asked for her to be tested and their response was that she would grow out of her difficulties. Oak Creek has someone who works with her 2 45min sessions a week and it is already making a big difference. So I am not sure what kind of special needs the other persons child needed but I find the staff very helpful and caring. I will admit that her homeroom teacher, which happens to be a male, kind of dismissed the idea that there could be a reason for the struggles my daughter was having.

If you have a child in special ed, this is not the school you want to be in. The district is unwilling to offer special help and the class sizes are to big. The administration offers lip service but no real help for the child. I was totally disappointed in this school system. Next year will go somewhere else to get the true help that is needed.

I did have my Daugther in this school, unfurtunate you have good and bad teachers , you have a few just for the pay check but no engage with the kids, my daugther was level as a problem child, no matter what happend has my daugther was always responsable . I feel that I was almost force to get my daugther in Ritalin. Now she finish school in another district , No pills at all and she earn the citizenship award, and the teacher make all the diference. Now my child is happy and regain selfsteam

Love this school!!!The teachers really care.Everyone at the school seem to do everything possible for their students.

Last modified Oak Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.