Canyon High School 5

Posted May 31, 2014
Our daughter has had a good freshman year at Canyon High School. Since she has taken all pre-ap classes, it has been a challenging but rewarding year. Swim team has been a great experience as well.

Posted April 05, 2014
im a sophomore now in an extremely small school and I'm moving down south to this area and just curious of whats to offer here.. I'm excelled in all my classes and want to start post secondary and I'm just wondering if this school would be right for me? i love the small down feeling but i know thats going to be hard in a big state like texas.

Canyon High School 2

Posted January 03, 2014
Granted, in a rapidly growing district, there are many challenges, but the school and district administration tend to focus on that much more than on than on the current students. There is a great deal of HIDDEN bullying and violence at CHS, and preferential treatment (obscene, at times) is given to athletic standouts. The pressure amongst the top academic students is incredibly intense yet also ineffectual; my child graduated in the top 20, yet was ill prepared for the top-notch university he now attends. All that being said, there are individual staff and faculty members there who are among the most caring, diligent, attentive, responsive academicians I have ever met. Unfortunately, they do not seem to remain at the school. The district has a new superintendent this year; perhaps change will be in a positive direction.

Canyon High School 1

Posted October 18, 2013
I am a parent and am looking for recent reviews for Canyon HS. We are in Oklahoma and are getting ready to move back to Texas. My daugher is a sophmore; If anyone could supply recent reviews, I would appreciated it. Thanks!

Posted August 19, 2013
In reading the reviews posted here, it really seems as though the school is what you make of it. My daughter is an incoming freshman, and this is our 2nd year in New Braunfels. All I can say so far is that the staff that we have encountered during an incredibly well organized registration was simply lovely. My daughter is excited to start this year, had a great experience with the soccer coach during 'soccer camp' last spring, and the rest remains to be seen. Too soon to rate. ;-)

Posted December 07, 2012
My daughter really enjoys the school, but not much of a challenge. Some of the teachers are excellent and others let the videos teach. The front desk staff are really rude. I think the ladies in the front must be anti-military; my husband wore his uniform in to pick up my daughter for an appt and they are accusatory and disrespectful "who are you and why are you taking her out!"...hmmm, he does have a name tag on...or maybe they are just rude to everyone! We really loved the middle school though (CMS).

Canyon High School 2

Posted February 22, 2012
I have a granddaughter that goes to Canyon High School... she informed me today that she could not eat because her lunch account was negative $6.00. I am a Cafeteria supervisor for a school in Ft. Worth and would never allow a student to go hunger. As I am sure you know the importance of eating to learn. I offer a PBJ and milk if the account is negative because I do not want any child to be hungry. Sad thought that this is being allowed in an school!

Posted May 16, 2011
I really wanted to give my recent alma mater a perfect score, but that just isn't the case. Bullying and securtiy is not an issue between students, Every student will fall into some type of category and fit in. 95% of the teachers there are more than willing to help you as long as you ask. That being saidmost are quite partial to people in athletics. The staff that doesn't teach though is terrible. If you want anything done there or a question answered, then either wait 6 years or have a parent do it for you. No respect.

Canyon High School 5

Posted October 12, 2010
Great academics and test records and a broad range of classes that are challenging and apply for University credit.

Posted June 20, 2010
Could be better. My son has Asperger and one of the Principles treated him as if he should just "get over it" and I was treated badly by this man until I brought another man in with me for our meetings. There are a handful of great teachers/counselors there, but there are some bad ones too. Also, bullies that get away with stuff while the innocent kids get punished. And some staff are rude. One tried to tell my to not drop my child off in a safe place because it wasn't the "proper place" and I told her we were there LONG before the school opened and I was not going to drop my child off among construction workers. No common sense with these people. I highly recommend Band Department, though!!

Canyon High School
1404 Ih 35 N, New Braunfels, TX  78130
Last modified Canyon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.