Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Goodwin Frazier is an amazing school! The principal, Ms. Caruso is only in her second year and she has already made some fantastic changes. I love the fact that the class sizes are small. (16 in my son's 3rd grade class.) GFES is #1 in Comal ISD in Achievement Index for elementary schools. YES, number one! Many educators agree this is the best Index to rate a school's success. The environment is nurturing and empowering. The teachers and staff are amazing and it is clear they love all of the kids. I was nervous about moving my child from a private school two years ago. I'm so happy that I did. Not only does my child have a blast at school, but he has teachers who adore him and he has a diverse group of friends all while soaring academically. If you want your child to be inspired and experience different cultures reflective of the global society we live in, pick GFES. You won't regret it!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I've had two children attend kindergarten at GFES.....WOW! I was impressed with my sons' teacher AND the entire team. For other grades, if you are lucky enough to get Mrs. Peters...your child will remember her always.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a balance. This is elementary! I think there is a good balance between reinforcement and family time.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My children participate in the PRIDE program, which promotes Personal Responsibility, Respect, Integrity, Determination and Excellence!

GFES, where you are greeted by name by everyone! The pride and leadership shines through the administration to the custodial staff. My children are becoming future Leaders at Goodwin Frazier!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Two years ago the PRIDE Leader program was implemented at GFES. The kids WANT to be selected for this. It is such a badge of honor. Kids are motivated to do what it takes to get this badge. To be selected, kids must demonstrate: P - personal responsibility R - respect I - integrity D - determination E - excellence

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are the BEST in the district! It is so apparent they love the kids and want them to succeed!

Goodwin Frazier, has helped my grandson, the school has a potential to actually send some of our kids to college and more, I know that my grandson is very smart, this school has awesome teachers, that are so committed to their students, and a great atmosphere, there are a lot of great schools in Comal County, but Goodwin Frazier is, to me is by far the best!

I have to say hats off to the teachers, they are what makes the school what it is.....

Great teachers and staff. All are very qualified and enthusiastic. This school also keeps our kids safe by making sure only prescreened people enter the campus. It's a great place for my kids!

Last modified Goodwin Frazier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.