New Braunfels, TX

Posted October 18, 2014
This school is an awesome school. My child has attended since 1st grade and this is her last year. It saddens me to know that we will soon be leaving. It also frustrates me greatly, when I hear people talk so negatively about this school. Melinda Shinn was promoted to Assistant Principal this year, and with her knowledge of our student base, we can't help but keep going anywhere but up. Kim Nance, our Librarian, is one of the best librarians I have ever met. Her goal is to get your child to read and to excel in reading!! Marsha Lippe is one of our counselors and is wonderful with the little ones. Don't be afraid to have your child attend this school. It really is an AWESOME SCHOOL.

Posted May 16, 2013
I have 3 children who attend Startzville Elementary. I have seen this school improve 100% over the last 2 years. My children are thriving with the academic programs and extra curricular activities offered. If ever I have had a problem it has been addressed and corrected if necessary. No school is perfect, but I can definitely say that the teachers and principal care about these students and do whatever they can to encourage success and good character. I look forward to the new test scores to be published so all of their hard work can be acknowledged. I know that a lot of people do not like the emphasis on the testing. The public schools have no choice but to get the students prepared to take the tests. If a parent is not happy with how things are going for their child let the school know.

Startzville Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2013
I can't understand why all these parents think this is such a great school. Sure there are programs that make the school appear progressive (Wii Fitness Lab, Garden Center - which my son was excited about however the school dropped the ball and wouldn't let the kids do anything because someone from the Master Gardeners never showed up), but this is all just fluff! Academically, students here are suffering, just look at the standardized test scores. The teachers spend so much time (far too much in my opinion) trying to prepare students for these tests and they still do extremely poorly. My son has been here 2-5th grade and at first the school seemed good, but I think it's because it's new and they have all this technology and the "fluff" that gives the appearance of a good school, but they're not making our kids smarter. I feel my son is extremely unprepared for middle school and his teachers don't seem concerned in the least. At the beginning of the school year parents provide all school supplies for the class, not just your child and (in 5th grade) students are made to buy the supplies back with school $. The "good" supplies parents buy - the teachers keep those for their use.

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is awesome. My child started last year as a Kinder and we loved his teacher. He is now going in to the 1st grade there next year. Out standing Parent Resource Center. Principal was wonderful. Out standing School.

Posted June 06, 2012
We miss this school so much ! I have a 10 year old, 8 year old twins, and a 7 year old and this was such a positive school. My children were never bullied here unlike the school we currently attend. An awesome parent resource center and very caring Teachers.

Posted April 28, 2010
this school is absolutley a caring school and among one of the best schools my children have been enrolled in very modern but still the teachers and staff are down to earth and care so much about the students i love it!

Posted July 18, 2009
Startzville Elementary is a wonderful school. The student to teacher ratio is quite balanced in each classroom. My child had 18 students to the 1 teacher. I loved the approach that was given to my child of making learning fun. It's a great way to start a child 'off on the right foot.' Never once did I hear a complaint on having to do so much homework, and by the time summer came a long we were at Walmart looking for 'School Zone' activity books. A child wanting to learn more is a significant sign that they are being taught education is important.

Posted May 31, 2009
My children are in fourth and first grades and it's been another GREAT YEAR at Startzville Elementary! My children are sad when summer gets here because they love school. The teachers and Principal are wonderful, they think outside the box and are dedicated to the students. Join the PTA, get involved and be a part of your childs school.

Posted March 10, 2009
Startzville Elementary is a great school. For a Title I school, the students receive so many additional learning opportunities unique to any other school in our district. There is a learning garden in the works, a Wii Fitness lab, a literacy lab and a learning lab. The faculty is out of this world and you can tell when you walk in the school building that everyone wants to be there. There is a new Parent Resource Center that is helping to promote family/parent involvement and offers a wide variety of not only educational, parenting and informational classes or workshops but fun ones as well that gets parents engaged and building that social network within the school. The PTA has over the last two years become AWESOME and does a lot for the school. They hold movie nights, reading nights, carnivals, and a lot of other opportunities to get involved.

Startzville Elementary School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
This school is fantastic. They do offer music, gifted and talented, art, etc. The teachers are fantastic and the administration and support staff is wonderful. I am thrilled with the high standards. I have children that are thriving and excelling. Their teachers truly care about them. I have a first grader and a third grader.

Startzville Elementary School
1404 Ih 35 N, New Braunfels, TX  78130
Last modified Startzville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Startzville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top