Posted December 02, 2013
Excellent school, great community and great persons working for kids educations. Kids age: 14, 11 and 6

Posted May 16, 2011
My two daughters attended Specht for three years and loved it!!! All the staff, starting with the principal, and teachers were great! We are military family so we move around often. We will truly miss this school!

Posted August 14, 2010
We have had a child in this school since 2003, just after the school opened. We have always had a good experience here, but none as wonderful as the last school year. Our administrative staff is the best in the district, and helped to guide our students and teachers through another transitional year with many new teachers. It is my opininon that we now have some of the best teachers in the district as well. Our PTA is the finest in the district with parent volunteers giving their time to help teachers as well as plan programs and experiences for every student. We are truly blessed to shine like stars at Specht Elementary.

Mh Specht Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
We have had nothing but great experiences with this school. This year, overall student population has dropped from 800 to just over 500, with some realignment to other schools. The facilities for 'specials' are great (music, art, computer lab) and the gym for PE has every type of sporting equipment imaginable. Our daughter is in 2nd grade and really likes her class and teacher! Our early meetings with the teacher and school administration have all been positive.

Posted April 02, 2009
The teachers are very compasionate and very 'on the ball' about situations. My child's K teacher is the best - she really cares about each individual child and corresponds quickly on any matter. The school really emphasizes parent participation - which is the most important and fundamental part of our children's education. It takes the parent and the teacher to get our kids to where they need to be and the teachers are doing their part!

Posted May 18, 2006
Specht elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are compasionate and caring. They all work as a team to enhance learning in a creative way, which is a wonderful thing in this 'TAKS' day and age. The school is capped, however, so you might want to check with the school before moving. Your child will be bussed to another location if there is no room.

Posted January 11, 2006
We just moved to san antonio this school year. My son's previous school was in a good school district. But specht has done more for my son then any school he has ever done! so i'm very thankful especially for his teacher-she is great!

Posted November 26, 2005

Mh Specht Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2005
Academic quality is very poor. Programs are bare minimum. No Spanish class. No extracurricular activities. Had to fight to get girl scout meetings after school

Mh Specht Elementary School 2

Posted July 20, 2005
My daughter only attended Specht for 1/2 of second and 1/2 of her third grade at which time I chose to homeschool her for the remainder of third grade. She was very unhappy at Specht often complaining of teachers yelling and the entire class being punished for the behavior of few. I was very discouraged when my daughter brought a book home from the library that was completely inappropriate for an elementary school library and upon sending a note to the teacher was not contacted by the teacher as requested. Instead, the note along with the book was sent with my daughter to the librarian. I also did not agree with their discipline of the whole concept.

Mh Specht Elementary School
1404 Ih 35 N, New Braunfels, TX  78130
Last modified Mh Specht Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mh Specht Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top