Richard E Cavazos Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
If you have a child with special needs this school is not for you. To be honest the entire KISD is a joke when it comes to children with special needs. If you're moving to this area I would consider moving to Belton or Temple and keep your kids out of KISD. This school doesn't promote parental involvement, they don't follow my son's IEP, and they don't promote inclusion/mainstreaming. My son has regressed since being at this school. This school keeps him in a self-contained classroom for as long as humanly possible and he's in a class with k-2nd grade so he isn't getting enough time with his actual peers in an actual kindergarten class. This school is lazy and unsupportive. Good schools should promote inclusion, encourage parent involvement, FOLLOW IEPs - this school does not. If you have a child with special needs and they HAVE to go to this school (or any school in KISD) get an advocate!

Posted December 02, 2013
This school is wonderful. I have a fifth grader a kindergartner. Both are having so much fun. We have been at Cavazos since 2009. There are many opportunities for the student and the parents to participate in the school. Such as "Math Night", "Parent Night", "Science Night", and "Reading Night". These are opportunities for parents to take their students and see what activities are being done in the classroom and how much fun their students have participating in the events. Depending on the season, said night will be themed and that much more enjoyable. On another note, every single teacher I have encountered at Cavazos are caring, thoughtful and enthusiastic about teaching students. There is only one downside, the zoning for Nolanville is repairable. Having my student go to a middle school two towns away is unbearable. Not only that, if I want my student to transfer to a closer school (out of district) I will have to pay a out of district fee of HUNDREDS of dollars every year. Rancier MS has very low ratings and many complaints of bullying. I hate the idea of going from a great, fun school to a lesser school. Good luck parents!!

Posted September 10, 2013
This is my sons first year at Richard E Cavazos Elementary. I am so impressed with this year already. My son is excited about school, eager to go every morning and overall extremely happy! He had a very rough year last year at Maxdale and hated school. I cannot believe that this is the same kid! His teacher, Mr. Marhler, makes his day! He is overjoyed with all the hands on learning in the classroom and the friendliness of the teachers. Thank you Rchard E Cavazos!

Posted February 21, 2013
I worried and researched the area schools a lot as we looked for a home in the area. I am so glad that we ended up in the Cavozos Elem school zone. The school has an active PTO, great family nights, amazing staff, and offers a fun, safe, and clean learning environment. I am blessed to have the oppertunity to volunteer within my daughter's classroom once a week and can honestly say that the teachers care about each child and wants them to succeed.

Posted May 30, 2012
This is a great school. Everyone from the Principle to the custodians show genuine pride for each of the students. They all do their best to provide all that my children need while in their care.

Richard E Cavazos Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2010
Similar to any other KISD school. We attended Nolanville for 3yrs and I thought that Nolanville was a much better school with a better group of kids/parents. I'm sure Cavazos has the ability to be better, but so far I'm left disappointed.

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted January 18, 2010
So far our experience at this school couldn't be better ....... from the office to the faculty to the nurse, etc. My son loves it here. This is his 3rd school and he can't wait to get there everyday. There is still a school in this district that actually cares about kids. His teacher is wonderful!

Richard E Cavazos Elementary School
1200 10th Street, Nolanville, TX  76559
Last modified Richard E Cavazos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard E Cavazos Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top