North Richland Hills, TX

Walker Creek Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2014
Used to be such a great little school but it has been rapidly declining the last 2 years. They desperately need a good principal to get it back to where it was. Most of the teachers are great, yet uninspired. They appear to just do the minimum to get the kids to pass STAAR- this is true especially of 4th and 5th grade. The PTA seems to have disappeared- no more carnivals, plays, dances, popcorn and snowcone days, parties, armies of volunteers decorating the halls, letters home, etc... It's all just gone. The running club and chess club are gone too. The school itself is beautiful and cheerful and lunchtime is a relaxing and social event.

Posted November 08, 2013
WCE is a wonderful school! As another poster commented, the kids are polite. The atmosphere in the school is welcoming, friendly, yet disciplined. It is a testament to the entire school staff that the children enjoy school - there are few schools where you see the kids literally running inside when the bell rings in the morning. You can witness that any morning at WCE. The school also maintains a strong relationship with the High School. There are activities where High School students are at WCE and vice versa. Strong sense of educational family.

Posted October 31, 2013
Love this school. Love the new principal, she is very hands on and very friendly I did not realize she was principal at first I thought she was another teacher! All the staff here is friendly, kind and wonderful. From Mr. Wayne on up!!! The office staff rocks!!! Mrs. Cindy is awesome~! They all seem to LOVE the kids and be all about them! They also put on an AMAZING fun run. Unlike the others at BISD schools! It is a very diversified school. the children are very polite here as well. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone!

Posted January 19, 2012
For the past 52 years and 3 generations, we have had a student in K-12 continuously. They have attended schools in New York and Texas. We feel that the faculty at Walker Creek is one of the finest we have dealt with. Their positive attitude, dedication, teaching ability and sincere interest in their students is among the best. Our great-grandaughter is being taught that honesty, integrity and hard work will be rewarded. We are looking forward to watching her grow in this great school. Well done. Proud Great-grandparents

Posted November 18, 2011
We couldn't be more pleased with this school. Faculty and staff are very friendly and attentive to the children while providing a structured and challenging academic environment.

Posted August 22, 2011
Very strong school. This is my kid's 3rd year and every teacher has been wonderful. My advice to parents who have a problem with school leadership is to take a more active role in the school. The PTA is very good, but could use much more help with parent volunteers. I find that those of us who are heavily involved with WCE have nothing but praises for the school's staff.

Posted July 16, 2011
Have been very happy with this school that my granddaughter has gone to for the past 2 yrs. She has learned a lot from the excellent teachers and staff. The Principal has been outstanding. This school is a credit to the community! I would certainly recommend Walker Creek to parents looking for a school that really cares and above all really teaches. The reading pal principal is wonderful and helped my granddaughter exceed in her reading level. Thank You Walker Creek Elementary. Mrs. J.A. Wright

Walker Creek Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
Amazing school. My son is in his 2nd year and both teachers have been wonderful. We like how there is only one fundraiser per year. Nothing but good things to say!

Posted August 11, 2010
This will be our family's 6th year at WCE. Every one of my children's teachers has been excellent and has done an incredible job teaching each individual student according to his or her needs. I'm so surprised to find any reviews complaining about the principal not being helpful, as this is the exact opposite of my experience. Our principal has been open, fair and concerned any time we've come to her with an issue.

Posted June 06, 2010
My little one started kindergarten at this school on august 09, he had a rough start, new school, new teacher, new people, principal was very concerned about it, trying to come up with different solutions. He got changed to a different classroom with a wonderful teacher who i really appreciate her time and dedication to my kid, he learned a lot from her, he was so happy to be in her class, for this i consider walker creek a great school.

Walker Creek Elementary School
8780 Bridge Street, North Richland Hills, TX  76180
Last modified Walker Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top