Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

15-16 was our first year here. Our kindergarten teacher was wonderful! I would like to see the kids challenged in class though. Studies are very basic and to easy for my child. We never had any trouble but with the coach. She's very rude and I don't like my child around her. The food is not great, the fruit is usually browning and my daughter doesn't like pizza for breakfast. The lunch ladies were always working hard and very kind though. The PTA worked hard and payed for most of the school activities. I've seen Mr. Pope looked stressed on a few occasions but over all seemed pleasant and my child ha never complained. Overall, I felt safe when my child was at school, she loved it, had fun, met great friends and was a good experience. I look forward to seeing how much she can actually learn this coming up year.

Weak and unprofessional leadership- a lot of favoritism- several children are way below academic standards therefore, the teacher teaches to the lowest dominator of the class resulting in the children who are ahead are kept back. The cafeteria food is horrible- found hair in some entrees- mold on bread once- huge turnover in teaching staff- principal is very condescending and prejudice and will pick on certain children due to ethnicity. Very tense and stressed out teachers that are the result in the way the leadership treats them.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

they are effective at minimum at best to keep their jobs and the teachers that are very effective only work here for 1 year

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Mr. Pope the principals is very condescending and treats children differently based on race and when the parents are not around- I have a recorded video my son took and I was shocked the way he spoke to my son- falsely accuse particular children of misbehaving - teachers let Mr. Pope run over them resulting in the entire team being unhappy and stressed out - children come home nervous and stressed = huge turnover here- all teachers are white- so obvious that Mr. Pope is prejudice look at what he hires all white- look at all the children in detention all non white students - the test scores from this school should speak for themselves - its the lowest in the district - I have brought these concerns and many more to the student services at BISD and they said what Oh Billie over there is a great principal and would take make concerns seriously.

I went to Mullendore from Kindergarten until 5th grade. I can honestly say that I absolutely loved this school. I had the most supportive teachers and they helped me get through a lot of things. I enjoyed all of the activities the school offered like dances and field day. I moved to Ohio after 5th grade, and my younger brothers now attend the elementary school here, and it's absolutely nothing like Mullendore. I feel bad for them because they'll never have the elementary experiences that I did. Mullendore is a fantastic school.

I chose to transfer my child to Mullendore, and couldn't be happeier! The leadership is amazing, and the teachers are top notch! Everything at the school is about the kids, and making their the most of their education and their childhood. So many of these teachers and staff go above and beyond to make sure that every child is involved. They have community support to help with school supplies, and the PTA is amazing! A wonderful group of parents/teachers all working together. I couldn't be happier with my choice, except I wish I had made it sooner!

Mullendore is an amazing school. The teachers and staff are kind, progressive, and completely dedicated to the students. I will be sad when my child has to leave these amazing people. GO MULLENDORE!

You will like this school best if you are a mom who does not have to work. Kids of those moms who can PTA a volunteer a lot get to be in all the programs and get special attention. Kids not as lucky never get to sing or have bit talking parts or be so important.

Great school and pta - response to last review - PTA raises funds not 'office staff' very little of the 6 dollars from pta membership goes to school so they need fund raisers to help fund field trips and then field day and the free shirt your kids get - read the pta budget and then get involved to have a say - so i get you dislike money how is your kids grades did not see complaint there? - btw for the carnival you could have volunteered to get free tickets for your kids - i am sure they woul do the same for hair paint etc if cash is tight ( whos wallet is not thin now days) - so recap bisd not raise funds nor does bisd fund the events like dances carnivals field day etc the pta does that ;-)

This school is a great school. I love the teachers. I have 3 girls this is my youngest ones second year here. My oldest moved on to middle school this year. Anytime I have a concern it is addressed right away. The teachers are very involved with there students. I feel like I am welcomed everytime I walk in the door. I also agree that I think the PTA does a great job raising money for the kids. They do alot of great things for them through out the year. My kids love it.

Last modified Alliene Mullendore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.