Posted April 03, 2014
I am so glad for the staff and teachers in this school they are so commited to the education and progress of their students even when they are a challenge to deal with

Academy At Carrie F Thomas 2

Posted August 18, 2011
I am a parent that came from another school district and have experienced an now realized that my children was recieving and unbelievable GREAT (in the spanish program) education. After being in the the dual program I noticed it is not geared toward students learning both english and spanish. It is geared for the " funding of spanish "speaking students only. I notice countless mistakes, unorganized , mismanaged, and no support for english speaking student and/or parents. Some of the above staff all only want to see what they want to see. Which is a great disappointment. ACFT is academically behind and the cirriculum is not at at all what it seems. It's hard to be involved in this program when your not sure where you stand and so I have said enough bad about my 4th grade experience. Now some good. Ms Bustamante was and is amazing if it wasn't for her.... well I'm just glad they have her. She is amazing. The dual program needs to lead by her example. That all children are equal.

Posted June 02, 2011
My son and daughter atteneded AFCT for 3 grade and I really loved it. A great big thanks to Mrs. McComber and Mrs. Ellis. They both go out of their way to make sure the kids get what they need. I especially liked that they give recommendations to parents to help the children progress. Mrs. McComber tutors after school and Mrs. Ellis calls us with information after work hours. She's wonderful. Kudos to the vice principal also, who tries his best to fix your situation with a great big smile. A special thanks to the other young lady who's name I can't remeber who helps with the 504 program. They were all very attentive and willing to go the extra mile to help my son. The front office staff is great too. Service with a big smile. I spent a lot of time in the office for my kids and even more with phone calls. They are never bothered, or if they are it sure doesn't show. Thanks to all of you at ACFT. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Posted May 07, 2011
The teachers at ACFT go above and beyond. I especially want to recognize Mrs. Bustillos who spends time after school tutoring my son with ADHD. Mrs. McComber is another very enthusiastic and fun teacher. My children love their school and we look forward to each school day!

Posted September 16, 2009
Best staff available in district.

Posted October 30, 2008

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted July 17, 2008
Both of my children attend ACFT and they are receiving an excellent education. The teachers are remarkable and work very hard to ensure all their students are academically successful. I can't imagine the comments from the other postings. The school is a state Recognized school so I don't see how they could be 'academically behind.' Maybe those parents should take some time and look at the curriculum to see that the teachers at ACFT are teaching beyond what the state requires! The Dual Language program is amazing, too!

Posted December 11, 2007
My children have attended ACFT for 3 years. I spend a lot of time with the teachers and staff. The schools is very welcoming and worked with my 'B' student to help to take him to the next level. My Kindergardener daughter has thrived and absolutely love her classmates and teachers. I think that the great parents who spend time with their children's teachers will find that this a great school that offers an atmosphere that is inviting to all. Thank you Ms. Thomas (3rd grade), Ms. Snider (3rd Grade), Ms. Moralas (K) and Ms. Plankey (PK) - Big thanks to Ms. Ellis (Bravo)

Academy At Carrie F Thomas 1

Posted November 14, 2007

Academy At Carrie F Thomas
8200 O'brian Way, North Richland Hills, TX  76180
Last modified Academy At Carrie F Thomas is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy At Carrie F Thomas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top