Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Great school with wonderful teachers and staff. The expectations are very high and lots is expected from students. Fine arts programs are top notch. Principal and Assistant Principals seem to know every kid by name and they really care. We could not be happier.

Great school. The teachers have a lot of experience within the district and seem to really care about the well being of the students. The kids who go there are generally good kids who treat eachother with respect. I feel like my child is getting a good education in a healthy environment. The principal is fantastic as well. I do have to agree with the previous post about the secretary though! I had a similar experience with one recently and wondered why they would put someone in that position dealing with parents who acted like that! Another one was very sweet on a different occasion though. BISD is doing a great job overall and I have no doubt will continue to do so.

great school, the new secretary is very off putting, she doesn't greet or acknowledge you other than the bare minimum. you end up awkwardly standing there until she feels ready. why they have someone like her there is beyond me........ I dread checking my child out for appts. because of her strange self importance. very involved principal, great counselors. Very interactive teachers who go above and beyond from my experience. It is just a good old fashioned feeling school.

It seems as if the only focus in this school is the athletics program. The teachers are great but the head staff of the school need to shift there focus to things more important than athletics which will get the students no where in career life.

I think Smithfield Middle School has excellent and very good teachers; Challenging programs and for the last decade two good and strong principals. I would recommend to give the kids a little more time for recess during classes.

The athletics come first, with choir coming in as a very close second, and band after that. That's all the matters to most people. When people think of SMS, they think of the amazing and talented coaches and players. When people think of SMS, they think of all the amazing teachers and choir students who go very far in competitions. When people think of SMS, they think of the band, who is quite talented and does great things. But no one thinks of the art program because it isn't praised correctly. On the other hand, I love some of the teachers there. I connect very deeply with some of the teachers there, which is great. But that's about it. The lunches aren't great, the rules aren't either. I just can't wait until I can go to BHS.

We strategically moved to this area years ago to make sure all three of our kids went to SMS. I grew up in BISD and then worked in BISD, when I was working full time. It s a great District that always keeps families in the forefront. Our last child is now at SMS and we wouldn't dream of having him anywhere else!!

SMS provided a solid educational base for my two children. Although not yet diagnosed with ADD, my daughter s teachers recognized her different learning style. She was treated with respect and provided the in-class accommodations that she needed to be successful. My daughter developed confidence to challenge herself at the college level, graduated, and is now employed in her career of choice. My son thrived with his SMS teachers support. He graduated from BHS on the DAP plan while taking pre-ap & ap classes. His gratitude for his university academic and athletic success extended to his SMS teachers and coaches. The positive atmosphere filters from the administration to the students. PTA members actively support the students because of the inviting &appreciative administrators who encourage participation from the SMS families. Both of my children have maintained relationships with some of their SMS teachers&coaches. What better recommendation could you provide to a school than to see the solid foundation it provided to create successful and appreciative adults?

Smithfield Middle School is without a doubt one of the most nurturing environments a parent could ask for for their child. The atmosphere is one of consistent caring and pursuit of excellence. The staff is sold out and professional. The scores are proof of the commitment. All the pieces are there: quality, leadership and involvement. The best our area has to offer.

We have had 2 girls attend SMS and we have been very pleased at how our girls we educated and nurturedd by the teachers and staff. We so appreciate the consistant character that is shown by our principal and how he strives for excellence. Thank you to all the administration and teachers for your hard work and dedication to making our girls the best they can be.

Last modified Smithfield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.