Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 06, 2016
Thanks Ms. Connell for making the starting out school experience so positive. You made Kindergarten a great time. We appreciate all your hard work and the late hours you put in for us.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 06, 2016
My daughter loved her teachers and her test scores reflect a love of learning. I think they made if fun and over all very effective.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 06, 2016
my daughter was in kindergarten and homework was pretty light but seemed an appropriate amount for her age. I did like that they sent home family homework to help us be involved. The first semester we had a calendar of things to do together. There were several fun group art projects and science experiments.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2016
They have 6 pillars of character and every six weeks they focus on one. The school rewards students and acknowledges them for making good choices both in school and in their community.

Posted July 06, 2016
My daughter completed kindergarten this year at Snow Heights. I volunteered regularly at the school and was always pleased with what I saw. The school is small and the kids are known by the staff of a first name basis. There were lots of opportunities for parents and grandparents to be involved in the academic programs as well as fun activities like the Polar Bash. This school has high academic ratings but equally important there is a strong emphasis on developing quality character. We love the staff and their commitment to excellence.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 29, 2016
I would like to tell Sarah in the office thank u for being so nice and the school nurse is so nice a helpful

Snow Heights Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2015
I agree that this school needs to add diversity to it's staff. In this diverse district the students have to relate with their teachers on a common level. We have to make sure our students are able to see themselves in the teacher. It's hard to convince a child what's possible if it is not shown to them. The small community and student teacher ratio are great, just not enough. I would suggest this school and district to friends with the warning, "Be vigilant in making the difference you want to see here".

Posted January 07, 2014
This is a top-notch school anyway you look at it. Academia is very important, but so is socialization & psychological health, P.E., art, music, computer science & library education. All members of the staff (not just teachers) genuinely care for the well-being & success of each student with whom they interact. Most students feel so comfortable, school is like a "home-away-from-home." The campus is kept clean and safe.

Posted October 09, 2013
My kids go to this school and I think it is a great school. Lots of parent volunteers, supportive staff, and clean campus. The school has a lot of family activities including a carnival, skate night, and talent show. The teachers are great at their jobs and really care for the kids. The front office staff, principal, and counselor do an amazing job. I love it.

Posted September 28, 2012
This is such a great school. My daughter started kindergarten there this year and I cannot tell you how happy we are with her being at Snow Heights. The school is smaller than most schools in the Birdville ISD so the children get more attention. All of the kids are so respectful. Every day that I walk my daughter into the school there is always a kid opening the door for us. Way to go parents and Snow Heights for teaching these children good manners. The older kids play very well with the younger kids. The new V.P. Miss Minx or Principle Dukes greet the kids almost every morning as they come in by name. (Amazing) There is a lot of parental involvement which the school really encourages. Their philosophy is if the parents are active and excited about their kids education even if it is just coming and eating lunch with them it gets the kids excited and involved. We were actually looking at a few different schools this summer since BISD offers open enrollment and after meeting Principle Dukes, Miss Minx, and the office staff, plus factoring the size of Snow Heights vs. others we were sold. Plus it's kind of cool that I also was a student of Snow Heights 20 something years ago.

4801 Vance Road, North Richland Hills, TX  76180
Last modified Snow Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.