Bad
Good

Great administration, they care for all the kids and run a great school. The teachers really care for the kids and reach out to the parents periodically. I really could not ask for a better place for a children to learn.

When good manners aren't taught at home, teachers and staff have to do it at school. Middle school is not as nurturing as elementary school. I've found if you give respect at NRMS, you get it back. Great school with CARING staff throughout. Volunteering at your child's school can lead to a better understanding of what happens there. :)

my daughter went there for the 2012-13 school year. I wasn't thrilled with the help in the office and support staff. like they were above mere student parents. we needed a transfer for a district account status and they deleted the whole thing. I ate lunch with my daughter and it felt like a prison. the man teaching choir was quite a good teacher. all in all we're glad to mhave moved. I cringed at the thought of calling or going to the office for anything.

Your neighbors on Douglas Ln. are so proud to be able to give up some of our property for the safety of the students. While this construction is going on, the city has put a temporary sidewalk for the students to walk on and a temporary road so that the traffic can move more smoothly. It makes it safer for them to be out of the way of the cars, the work tractors and trucks. Some of your students seem to think they are invincible because they insist on walking in the street. Most of them do use the sidewalk and it is very much appreciated. I personally asked two boys very nicely if they would move to the sidewalk where two of their friends were walking. They were rude, laughed and refused to move out of the street. Cars were having to stop to wait on oncoming traffic then move partially into the other lane to avoid hitting them. They just this was all just very funny. Like they own the road were thinking hit me if you dare. It is dangerous enough with all the detour posts up in the middle of the road and the lanes being narrower than usual. I guess what I am asking of you is somehow make an announcement to your students about using the sidewalks instead of the streets.

NRMS with its current administration is definitely not the best atmosphere. Bullying is accepted as the norm and if you are one of the staff s children RULES don t apply to you. My child has been treated horribly there. My friends child was picked on all year by his teachers child and their friends. When confronted the admin did nothing to her. Of course I have heard it Takes a Village to raise her kids. That being said I feel the staff should def hold their kids to the same standards as others if not higher ones!!!!

To the anonymous post on June 13th...in the context of your communication, you need to use "you're" not "your". As for the relevancy of my post, my son went to North Ridge....and I didn't like it much either. As a friend I will say, if you can't communicate with the educated fools (at the school) contact the super' and also there are great charter schools that are free. As for North Ridge it is a top rated school due to the teachers being required to shove test prep down these kids throats...alas, the test scores are immensely high ; therefore this school gets more govt' funding. Did I mention the quarter of a million dollar+++ home$ in the neighborhood? (plus two streets of affordable duplex's and about a sprinkling of about 10 surrounding neighborhoods that are in the $90k-$150k range.....) Other than that, if you want your kid to go to North Ridge Middle...be a rich snob and you'll blend in PERFECTLY.

Where do I start. Teachers don't communicate with you when your trying to get work information or a plan for your child. Trying to set up a meeting with anyone in that school is like your asking them to chop their arm off. This year has been full of bad experiences that if parents would know they would have major concern of their kids attending this school. I will continue at a later date with more details. As of now glad this year is over.

This school has by far been the best I've gone to . I loved the teachers here . They are very responsible and amazing at what they do . They school its self is nice and I can definatly call it home . Punishments are made in a orderly way , and principle Mr. Ellis is very kind and very good at what he does . I give north ridge middle school a perfect 10.

I have seldom seen teachers work so hard, conducting tutorials before and after school and manning sessions to help students with their work. One of the greatest challenges of middle school is moving students toward the responsibility of taking charge of their own success. Expecting a teacher with 6 classes of students to communicate with every parent once a week is unrealistic at best. North Ridge has an exceptional group of well-mannered, terrific students and some top-notch extra-curricular programs. We also have some great parents we can count on to help when we need them. We do want to improve to meet students' needs. But if you walk the halls, you will see happy kids surrounded by folks who really care about them. Gotta love it.

This school is excellent especially compared to the others in the district. Defnitely the least disciplinary problems, greatest faculty, and most experienced office staff.

Last modified North Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.