Palmer High School 1

Posted April 16, 2012
As a parent, I thought a small school would offer a caring environment where everybody knows everybody. Where teachers would not only know my kids name but to be there for him when school can be tough. He has been dealt one bad hand after another. I assumed the person over seeing scheduling would make sure that he was in the classes he needed to graduate. So as a Senior he has late arrivals, early dismissal, and a schedule of art, athletics and choir! He does even like to sing! How is this preparing him for college? This school has done my son a huge injustice.

Palmer High School 3

Posted September 23, 2009
I agree with some of the reviews below. Although I had good experiences with my teachers, I do feel the students weren't pushed hard enough. As students we realized it as used it to our advantage. Now as a student at a big university I feel frustrated at how other classmates from different Texas schools grasp some concepts easier since their high school layed down the foundations. At Palmer, like many schools, TAKS was to much a part of the curriculum.

Posted August 23, 2009
Sadly, I've been attending school in Palmer for most of my life and I really feel I'm missing out on a lot. I've heard stories about how my friend's old schools are, the classes they can take, etc. and I really feel I have suffered from a choice that my parents made. I know the school is doing it's best, though. It just doesn't receive enough money to satisfy my learning needs. WTB other language courses. Also, it would be nice if they updates their website more. They tell us nothing.

Palmer High School 1

Posted January 24, 2008

Palmer High School 0

Posted September 21, 2007
- a former student
I attended Palmer Isd all my life. Iam now in college. Part of me thanks Palmer for helping me grow into the person Iam today but part of me also hates the fact of some experiences that occured the last years at Palmer High School.

Posted September 20, 2006
First off Good teachers are very hard to find! You have the teachers that truly want to teach our children and prepare them for the future and then you have the teachers that teach because they have summers off and they get off work at 3:30 with their kids. Lets face it Teachers are not in it for the money! We can not keep teachers at Palmer because we don't pay them enough, all of the surrounding schools pay more, so we lose our teachers to those schools. All of our campus are academically unacceptable except or Middle School! If a child fails Taks who suffers? The children. Not the Teachers. The Teachers need to be held responsible for something! Palmer kids are getting the short end of the stick!

Posted January 23, 2006
I believe the kids aren't being pushed as hard as they should be. The freshman math class doesn't have a textbook. The athletics have to be combined with the eigth grade due to teacher shortage. The drop out rate is extremely high. Plus the ratio of graduates is really low, like 50-50. The kids who do graduate have a hard time getting into college. I feel that they are not educating the kids as well as they could. Unfortunately this is a small school district with limited funds which I believe plays a huge roll in the level of the education. To give an example: when my child was in 5th grade there and was not receiving any homework. When the teachers were approached to why, we were told that they don't give homework out because they don't get it back. So obviously, teaching accountability is not part of their curriculum.

Palmer High School 5

Posted April 29, 2005

Palmer High School 5

Posted February 11, 2005

Palmer High School
P O Box 790, Palmer, TX  75152
Last modified Palmer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmer High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top