Bad
Good

As a parent, I thought a small school would offer a caring environment where everybody knows everybody. Where teachers would not only know my kids name but to be there for him when school can be tough. He has been dealt one bad hand after another. I assumed the person over seeing scheduling would make sure that he was in the classes he needed to graduate. So as a Senior he has late arrivals, early dismissal, and a schedule of art, athletics and choir! He does even like to sing! How is this preparing him for college? This school has done my son a huge injustice.

I agree with some of the reviews below. Although I had good experiences with my teachers, I do feel the students weren't pushed hard enough. As students we realized it as used it to our advantage. Now as a student at a big university I feel frustrated at how other classmates from different Texas schools grasp some concepts easier since their high school layed down the foundations. At Palmer, like many schools, TAKS was to much a part of the curriculum.

Sadly, I've been attending school in Palmer for most of my life and I really feel I'm missing out on a lot. I've heard stories about how my friend's old schools are, the classes they can take, etc. and I really feel I have suffered from a choice that my parents made. I know the school is doing it's best, though. It just doesn't receive enough money to satisfy my learning needs. WTB other language courses. Also, it would be nice if they updates their website more. They tell us nothing.

I attended Palmer Isd all my life. Iam now in college. Part of me thanks Palmer for helping me grow into the person Iam today but part of me also hates the fact of some experiences that occured the last years at Palmer High School.

First off Good teachers are very hard to find! You have the teachers that truly want to teach our children and prepare them for the future and then you have the teachers that teach because they have summers off and they get off work at 3:30 with their kids. Lets face it Teachers are not in it for the money! We can not keep teachers at Palmer because we don't pay them enough, all of the surrounding schools pay more, so we lose our teachers to those schools. All of our campus are academically unacceptable except or Middle School! If a child fails Taks who suffers? The children. Not the Teachers. The Teachers need to be held responsible for something! Palmer kids are getting the short end of the stick!

Last modified Palmer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.