No rating

The Flint Academy

Private | PK-12 | 96 students

Living in Pantego

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted April 25, 2012

We couldn't be happier. My child is happy to attend school, and her academic and social needs are met by wonderful people who are blessing her daily.

Posted January 12, 2012

We have had our children at Flint Academy since the second year it opened. Had we known about it earlier, we would have been there. The teachers are compassionate and love the kids like their own. The children feel special and strive to please the teachers. The academics are adapted to each student's level and perfected to completion. The kids feel good about themselves and know that they are eternally significant because of the compassionate and consistent instruction of not only the teachers, but the staff as well. There is a feeling of family at Flint Academy. Check it out for yourself and ask for parental references. We would do it all over again. It is the best decision we ever made.

Posted January 12, 2012

Our children have been attending Flint Academy for the past two years and I cannot say enough good things about this school, the director, and the teachers and staff. We were seeking a Christian school with the ability to handle ADHD and Dyslexia and instead found a place for all of our children. Each student is given the time and attention that they need and are not put in a box where they have to fit a certain criteria. We have found that our children are excelling in their education and absolutely love learning.

Posted January 12, 2012

This school has changed my children's lives and we cannot thank them enough. The teachers genuinely care about each student and deliver an individualized curriculum that is far and above what my kids received in public school. They are learning a combination of real-world skills with Christian values and classical education through interactive means, while progressing significantly faster academically than in previous years. In addition, the school itself provides a warm and inviting environment that is like a second home, with teachers and peers a second family. My kids have a newfound love for learning through this school and they never want to miss a day!

Posted January 10, 2012

We would not recommend this school. School is not accredited. Most teachers are not certified. Accountability for student performance or lack there of is non-existent. Very weak and outdated curriculum and instruction techniques. Little access to technology on campus during class for most students.

Posted July 9, 2009

The Flint Academy is Tarrant County's best kept secret! It is a school that prides itself on molding children with high morals, values, academics and taking on personal responsibility. The Flint Academy is great for children who learn differently. At this school, they have teachers that have personal knowledge of what it takes for a child with ADHD/Dyslexia, etc. to learn. The teaching style is far above that of any regular teaching methods offered. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent!

Posted July 8, 2009

This will be our third year attending The Flint Academy. My children love school! I remember in school, we couldn't wait for summer to come. My children dread summer coming! They love this school! The Flint Academy is truly a unique and special school. The staff and especially the principal care so much for our children. We were so blessed when we found them! All the teachers and staff are wonderful and the teaching philosophy is outstanding. Not only do children thrive academically, they thrive socially as well. We are so excited to see The Flint Academy grow, and we would love to share all the wonderful benefits with more families. Come and check us out!

Posted June 29, 2009

This is the third year my three kids have been at Flint. Every year we have had amazing teachers that have met all my kid s needs. My oldest was years behind on his reading when we first came to the school and he is close to being on grade level now after just 3 years. Attending school here is like a big extended family where everyone is loved and taken care of. We attended another bigger private school before Flint and after being here I can t imagine my kids being anywhere else.

Posted June 27, 2009

Flint Academy is an exceptional school! The teachers provide a safe and positive learning environment where students can feel valued. They focus on the 'whole' child, by accepting each child as an individual. My child enjoys the hands-on learning centers and loves coming to school each day to learn new things and be with her new friends.

Posted June 26, 2009

I've been teaching at the Flint Academy since it opened. I cannot imagine working anywhere else. I love the small class size. It really gives me a chance to get to know each student individually. I see them grow academically, spiritually, socially, and physically. I love my students. They continue to amaze me each and every day.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 19, 2009

When we started at Flint, we were very optimistic and impressed when we met the staff. Our child even enjoyed attending school there at first. However, while going there we found most promises to be inconsistent or nonexistent and over time we became disenchanted with this school. Our child's class was not inclusive; many of the questions we had about our child's education were not answered; and upon leaving the school, our child had to repeat a grade they had already completed at Flint. We do not recommend this school.

Posted May 14, 2009

Wonderful!! I am a grandparent of a child at the Flint Academy. She loves the school. The teacher is great and provides a learning experience that really excites my granddaughter. She can't wait to tell me what they did in school this week. I highly recommend this school to everyone wanting something better for their children and grandchildren.

Posted May 13, 2009

We love this school and its nurturing environment. Children's needs come first. My granddaughter is so happy there each day. The teachers voluntarily work after hours and weekends to create the best classroom experience possible. We can't imagine going anywhere else.

Posted May 12, 2009

First let me say that this school is a for profit school..And i was told that it would never be a non profit school. My child went there for almost 2 years and was did not learn anything. Flint academy told me that all the teachers would be 'certified', as it turns out they were 'certified teachers aides'. I was told my son was only on a 6th grade reading level and he was given james and the giant peach to read. His new school gave him a mid summers nights dream. I was told they would teach to the level your child was on, not even close. Bottom line, i would not recomend this school to anyone not now not ever....

Posted April 20, 2009

My three children all attend Flint Academy. One child is dyslexic and the other two are quite typical. A wonderful thing about Flint is that they all fit in and receive appropriate education. They have good relationships with students, teachers and staff. They have each learned a lot about understanding and accepting others. Each one has a love of learning that is strongly encouraged at this school. I particularly like the approach to discipline with the development of positive habits. I love the small class sizes and caring teachers. Each person is truly eternally significant at Flint.

Posted April 11, 2009

Do you believe that your child merits special and individual attention? Do you want teachers who will love your child unconditionally as you do? Do you want your child prepared for the cruel world 'out there' where kids need study-smarts and street-smarts? Do you want your child to be held responsible for his or her errant behavior? If you answered 'yes,' then you want Flint Academy. Caution: If you don't like any of the above, don't go to Flint. We chose Flint Academy after an intensive search. Our children have never been happier in a school setting. They are challenged academically, they are nurtured emotionally and spirtually according to Biblical standards. We are impressed by Dr. Paul Flint's academic credentials and hands-on experience and she inspires her teachers to practice that same. Join a great team at Flint. You will be glad you did.

Posted April 8, 2009

I'm a parent of a child who has been at Flint since the beginning. I'm also a public school teacher. Our son has continued to progress and flourish every year. The teachers, their strategies and hands-on learning have engaged him in ways we never thought possible. In public school the teachers could not give us an example of any strategies they used to improve his reading. At Flint they constantly try to bring the best out of every child.

Posted April 8, 2009

My son has been attending Flint Academy for two years. The positive change in his behavior and attitude toward school is nothing short of astounding. Dr. Flint and her staff are the Best!

Posted April 7, 2009

I am the parent of a child with special needs as well as having a bachelor's degree in special education. The Flint Academy is the best thing academically and socially that has happened to our family in my daughter's educational experience. We drive one hour to and from school every day. My daughter has always spent the bulk of her day isolated from the 'regular ed' kids, but at Flint she is fully included into the classroom. She has made incredible progress academically. With the help of the teachers and other professionals at the school she is learning the social skills and being able to practice them in the classroom. We love this school and are thankful for the opportunities being a student there has provided for our daughter. I would highly recommend it from both a personal and professional standpoint.

Posted April 7, 2009

My son attended a well thought of private school in the area yet he was not continuing to progress in his studies. I found the Flint Academy and transferred him mid-year to this 3-year old school. I was nervous having him in such a relatively new school, but I am happy to say my worries have been unfounded. The staff at the Flint Academy are very professional and well versed in a huge variety of teaching strategies. Finally, I feel like my son's teacher is creating a curriculum that best suits his learning style and is constantly reassessing what works for him. I have received an incredible amount of support as I work to provide additional learning opportunities at home. At his previous school parents were not allowed to be involved at the school. At the Flint Academy, parents are welcomed with open arms. This is a wonderful school. S. West

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

• Autism
  • Emotional behavioral disabilities
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Performing arts
  • Drama

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

Apply now