Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
Mrs. Smith (Suess Maniacs). Can't remeber the theme, but this should be close. My daughters 1st grade teacher was AWESOME!!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 22, 2015
6th graders need more homework to better prepare them for what is expected in the 7th grade. Seems the principal changed the amount of homework. Bad decision!

Bolin Elementary School 4

Posted November 22, 2015
My daughter graduated from Bolin last year. And for the most part her experience was quite positive. However, her last year was questionable. Seems the new principal of 2 years in my opinion lacks making a connection with the students. I understand change is good. But what she needs to remember is that some traditions are worth continuing. Just build on them and make them bigger and better. Don't turn your back on some things that worked. Be open for suggestions and make the children's experience memorable. Just my thoughts. Its important to point out, my daughters favorite teacher of all was Mrs. Smith - her first grade teacher. Thank you Bolin Elementary

Bolin Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2015
My son is in third grade now at Bolin. The Kindergarten teachers have all been there for 5+ years and it shows. They work as a team and their devotion (especially Mrs. Coe) is amazing! First grade we had a brand new teacher who was great. Second grade was Mrs. white....I still have her cell# and cried my eyes out with her the last day of school! This year we have Mrs. Hale but 3RD grade is tough so my son is in Miss Pernisi's room most of the day. He has ADHD but is an A-B student because of these dedicated teachers. The Principle is so nice and I've gotten to know her better through being a board member on the PTA.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 22, 2015
Mrs. White for taking a personal interest in our son. She has the biggest heart in the world and gets very emotional about her students.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 22, 2015
My son is an A-B student because of the extra help he gets at Bolin. The teacher is constantly communicating with me about his progress.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted October 22, 2015
I don't blame Bolin for frustrated students. I'm concerned as to why the state of Texas is not on "common core" like 95% of the United States. Who in Austin, TX is making the decisions on math? I cannot believe 4 & 5TH graders learning algebra when I was exposed to it in 7TH grade! My third grader is constantly upset.....Commutative math multiplication, why throw this verbage out to an 8 year old???

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 22, 2015
I definitely feel that the students at Bolin learn respect. I should know as my son had lonely lunch for blurting out "the cheerleaders are hot!" He was very upset about it and embarrassed but I'm glad Bolin is strict about what is and what is not appropriate.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 22, 2015
The PTA has several assemblies every year ranging from magic shows, authors and acrobats. They talk about self-esteem, creativity, bullying, being drug-free, etc......I wish all schools would follow their lead.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 22, 2015
Yes, the teachers take the time to reward good choices and address bad ones immediately. they are great at juggling many responsibilities at once. There is very little turnover at Bolin.

5705 Cheyenne Drive, Parker, TX  75002
Last modified Bolin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bolin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top