Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Wow! My senior and I attended the 1st ever senior social last night! Great job to the Bolin staff and admin for putting together such an amazing event.

I have never seen a more dedicated group of teachers! They go above and beyond to create engaging learning opportunities for our kids. I have never felt like my kids' teachers teach to a test or go through the motions. The front office staff is warm and friendly and the administration is always open to my concerns.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers are scared of retaliation from the current principal and will not challenge her philosophies even if they disagree.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The current principal does not support homework as a reinforcement of learning - even in upper grades. As a proud parent of a high schooler in AISD, this significantly puts Bolin students at a disadvantage primarily because they are not prepared for the expectations going forward...

Develops character: Neutral

I believe the counselor and teachers honestly try to Instill these character traits in our children and for the most part, they do so...but the current principal tends to minimize teacher/parent concerns. Often times issues are not handled effectively and continue to get worse.

From the time Bolin opened in 2000, it remained an ELITE school that promoted student success and high standards primarily due to the leadership and guidance of the former principals. These exceptional leaders set the standard by supporting teachers, parents, and students. The overall school climate changed dramatically under the current principal who was hired in 2014. Since that time, 13 staff members have left Bolin to pursue positive career opportunities elsewhere...a HUGE loss for our children and the neighborhood community.

Amount of homework: Disagree

6th graders need more homework to better prepare them for what is expected in the 7th grade. Seems the principal changed the amount of homework. Bad decision!

My daughter graduated from Bolin last year. And for the most part her experience was quite positive. However, her last year was questionable. Seems the new principal of 2 years in my opinion lacks making a connection with the students. I understand change is good. But what she needs to remember is that some traditions are worth continuing. Just build on them and make them bigger and better. Don't turn your back on some things that worked. Be open for suggestions and make the children's experience memorable. Just my thoughts. Its important to point out, my daughters favorite teacher of all was Mrs. Smith - her first grade teacher. Thank you Bolin Elementary

My son is in third grade now at Bolin. The Kindergarten teachers have all been there for 5+ years and it shows. They work as a team and their devotion (especially Mrs. Coe) is amazing! First grade we had a brand new teacher who was great. Second grade was Mrs. white....I still have her cell# and cried my eyes out with her the last day of school! This year we have Mrs. Hale but 3RD grade is tough so my son is in Miss Pernisi's room most of the day. He has ADHD but is an A-B student because of these dedicated teachers. The Principle is so nice and I've gotten to know her better through being a board member on the PTA.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son is an A-B student because of the extra help he gets at Bolin. The teacher is constantly communicating with me about his progress.

Last modified Bolin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.