Posted July 16, 2013
My daughter has been a student at FBCA since 2011. We recently moved out of Pasadena and was looking for a closer private school and realized that after my research, that we will not be taking her out. One issue I seem to keep across is how other schools deal with bullying, and none of them seem to come close to taking it serious like FBCA. My daughter had a small issue with some girls and the entire administration and teachers ALL worked together to help resolve it before it became bad. They even continued to follow up to make sure it didn't come back. I have never had a single problem that was not handled immediately. I unfortunately will have to commute but now I realize it will be 100% worth it!

Posted March 24, 2013
FBCA is a wonderful school for several reasons, the adminstrators and teachers are wonderful to my children, they feel loved and are accually excited to go to school. My child is taught christian based learning, we feel so blessed when our children share their faith with others. Our family and friends are amazed how much they have learned. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a christian, loving, school with more individualized attention for your child. Smaller classes and wonderful Godly, intelligent teachers our children flurish. Thank you Jesus for FBCA!

First Baptist Christian Academy 1

Posted February 19, 2013
I went to FBCA from Pre-K to 8th grade and the atmosphere gradually changed from disciplined to hateful. I had to leave the school because of bullying and the chapels do not preach the true Gospel at times. Most of the people that are invited make the kids laugh and eventually get to the Bible after telling a "fun" joke. The football was fun but unskilled. I do not hate the people there because I spent much of my life there, but I must say that whenever I left that hateful atmosphere, Christ found me and saved me. It's strange that me, being a Baptist, had to leave a Baptist school because of the hatred and evil there, but God works in mysterious ways and it was a good choice by God's grace that I left.

First Baptist Christian Academy 3

Posted February 12, 2011
The school has had a lot of turn over with teachers. Don't be misled by the posting here on 08/31/10. This posting was on the heals of a large number of students leaving the school. There is a reason parents pull their kids out of a Christian based school, in large numbers. The administration did change hands, the school lost strong leadership, and teachers, in the aftermath of this change. We are on our 3rd elementary principle since 2010. Whatever the details, the school is in a leadership rebuilding mode. You have a lot of choices when spending your tuition money. Talk to school parents of your age children before you choose this school. Be informed not misled. As a parent with children in the school, I can say they have had great teachers. Sadly most of them have moved on.

Posted August 31, 2010
This school attracts and keeps VERY dedicated, professional and talented teachers. The classrooms are kept to a small number of students. Parents are encouraged to communicate directly with teachers and the teachers are responsive to individual needs. I could not ask for a better Christian education for my children. Academically beyond any of the public and private schools in the area, FBCA is the only place for my kids! The secondary principal is VERY professional, and concerned about the academic and personal growth/development of each of the students.

First Baptist Christian Academy 1

Posted August 25, 2010
This school was pristine until the administration changed in 2009-2010 school year. The current administration has defamed the school on an unbelievable level. My child had attended school there from kindergarten to 5th grade. We were not an abnormal family that had ever caused any problems whatsoever. In fact, my son was an A & B+ student all through school & any personal time we had went into that school. I am amazed at what certain agendas can affect an entire school. They claim to be a Christian school yet they lie for each other. I am a Christian & I personally attended Christian schools since 1st grade & all I have to say to prospective parents is BEWARE. It is very sad when you have to explain to a 10 yr old what a Christian really means, coming from a so called Christian school!!!!!!!!!!!

First Baptist Christian Academy 0

Posted September 21, 2009
This school is fantastic. Unapolgetically Christian, this is the best school we could hope to find. The teachers and administration staff are awesome. My daughter loves it here.

First Baptist Christian Academy 2

Posted July 22, 2009

First Baptist Christian Academy 0

Posted April 20, 2009
My son started First Baptist Christian Academy in Pre-K and he is now in Kindergarten. They follow the A Beka Curriculum. It's a pretty aggressive curriculum. Kindergarten is only half day and they cram a lot of stuff in three hours. I believe with all the material they go over, Kindergarten should be at least all day. It's definitely a good school, with deep christian values.

First Baptist Christian Academy 3

Posted November 16, 2008
We have had our child at FBCA for 5 years. Yes, they are a Christian School. I believe their problems stem from lack of consistent discipline for the kids whose parents donate large amounts of money to the school. I also think that their ciriculum is substandard to what is needed for college. They are not using college prepratory material. I believe because of the low tuition, and hence low teacher salary, that the quality of the teachers is sometimes lacking. There is an underlying friction between the church and the school. It does not allow for expansion of facilities for use of things such as, science/computer labs. If you want to shelter your children from the filth in public schools, this is a wonderful place.

First Baptist Christian Academy
7500 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, TX  77505
Last modified First Baptist Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Baptist Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top