Bad
Good

I am disappointed. #1 safety. If you drop your kid off any time before 7:15am, there are no school personal out in the 2 waiting areas (main and side entrances). My kid is 6. I know we all want to believe that no bad thing can happen in a good area, but lets be real. When I ask the office they say there is no body watching the students who are waiting in the morning. I ask can they at least come in the school out of the cold since the staffs are there at school by 7am. NO. #2. My kid is in the first grade. They have a special test for all 1st grades all over the country they said, my kid score in the lower 30th percent of all who took the test. I ask the home room teacher and she said he is doing good and not felling and told me that all test concerns are handle by the VP. So I when to the office to talk to the VP. I told her my concerns of my kid who score very low compare to rest of the country. I ask her how did the school place over all on the test where my child places in the lower 30%. She told me she doesn t know. When the one of top in charge of the school said that, they are either holding back info or incompetent or both. Do your own research.

My daughter has attended Fairmont since Kindergarten she is now in second grade. You could not ask for a better staff or teachers and curriculum.We are very pleased.

As a mother of a child with special needs (Down Syndrome), I am so very impressed with the support and expectations that the Special Education Dept at Fairmont Elementary share with my son. As a teacher myself, I know how important education is to the special needs population, and how if our students are expected to succeed and reach higher goals....THEY WILL. I am looking forward to sending my 5 year old next year. Way to go Fairmont!

I have had children enrolled at Fairmont Elementary for 10 years now. DPISD was once a coveted school district to be enrolled in, but sadly throughout the years it seems to be deteriorating. Many administration changes have occurred along with the departure of some excellent teachers. FME once received top honors for TEKS testing every year, but has failed to receive any recommendations recently. I am very disappointed in the level of respect and professionalism when communicating with staff members. Also, it seems as if there is a one size fits all approach to education, instead of prioritizing each child's personal educational needs. I hope that the focus will come back to educating the children, but I am searching for other schools to place my child in should they continue to maintain their average to sub-par standards.

Last modified Fairmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.