Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The teacher s really Care for the students education.This is a good school for students who really wanna learn.

In Pasadena High School I found professional and compassionate people working their best for the successful academics on their student’s community. As parent I did received resources provided during the school year 2014-2015. Thank you so much teachers, administrators and support personnel for the wonderful work that you do every day. Parents, get involve in your children education, ask questions, come and visit your child’s school, ask phone numbers, e-mail addresses and start a healthy communication channel with your child’s school. Have a blessed and safe summer every one.

Yes it's true that PHS has a bad reputation but it's not true. I am currently a sophomore at PHS and because people from other schools say that PHS is full of "bad people and influences" they talk down on us. Well "bad people and influences" are in every high school not just PHS, and by sending your child to another school won't make it any difference. I actually love PHS because the teachers are great, they really try to get to know you and make sure you succeed during and after high school...sophomores are taking the final TAKS this year and from this years freshmen and after are going to take the STAAR test which is way more challenging so were are getting challenged more academically. We were named a national model school last year and i can see why. The students actually care about each other whether they are "good" or "bad". We take pride and leadership on what we do with our clubs and organizations and excel at them. It's true that most of our students don't care about school but for those of us who do, we really get tired of hearing that PHS is a bad school when actually its one of the best. I look forward to my 2 years here and am proud to graduate and Eagle.

I agree that this school puts too much time into TAKS and continues to neglect the AP programs. The classes should be challenging not something people can just show up for and get an easy grade. This school needs envolvment from the people. Many people in the community don't have expectations for the students of this school. If the learning program was more strict i think people will take the students more seriously. High school needs to prepare the students for college not teach them that they can have the easy way all the time. I feel this school isn't challenging its students the way it should and showing them the care and motivation they need.

PHS is rooted in a tradition of teamwork and success, resulting in outstanding students.

I am a current student. It's true, the school put's way too much time into TAKS. What about AP? All of my classes are AP. Some are not even challenging anymore. What this school needs is parent envolvment, but with the kind of families that live around here, It's basicly saying lost hope.

many people around the greater houston area dont have much respect or expectations from this school...the main reason for not having the great taks scores isnt that students here are stupid or anything of such sort...it is that nobody cares....and in my opinion i dont think thats a bad thing...texas places too much emphasis on taks when it should be worried about teaching the material...and let me tell you, if youre in AP thats the case....the ap teachers here dont care much for the taks..they are much more interested in teaching the material here.this is the main reason i decided on what i plan on doing after high school, civil engineering, because of my physics teacher, Mr. Morales.so if you want to send your child to a school that cares about your childs future then this is the place

Class of '09 Am a senior this year. Even though this is my 2nd yr here i do enjoy being here. Some of the teachers and students are friendly. i learned a lot here. This school has so many different clubs, organization, and sports. You get the chance to be involve in so many things. They help you with the college searching. We have a counselor from San Jac that helps us out with the FAFSA papers work. We also have CIS, Mr Ruiz the sponsor he tries to help us with school material. He gives us advice about stuff around in scool...Well i would keep going nut I will never finish. lol

I also graduated from Pasadena High School in 2005, I got to experience every aspect of the school. The school could use some improvement in academic excellence, being that the University enrollment is not where I would like it to be. Punishment, well I was in the office alot; and you can avoid alot of punishment if you're smart about it. Except if you got Ms. Robles as principle hehe. I hardly ever went to the tardy room, I would rather just skip the period if I was late instead of practicing on my handwriting. Students go to the tardy room when they're bored of skipping , eventually get caught, or follow the rules. Caring teachers but could work on retention, faulty punishment system, AP classes are great, reg not so. Too easy to skip, not enough accountability on the students part, great experience though.

I graduated from Pasadena High School in 2005 and I enjoyed being there. It's a great school. I never once got in any trouble, I never went to the tardy room. I think that they have good ways of punishment. So many activities and clubs. Overall it was a great experience.

Last modified Pasadena High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.