Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The teacher truly care about the students receiving an education, and are the most devoted teachers I've ever seen in getting knowledge into the thick skulls of their students.

The school has it's good points and bad points. I was a student here a few years back. The positive is that there is plenty of opportunity to be involved. The clubs and activities are really great and Drama and Dance are a blast. However, there is a HUGE difference between AP and average classes you should know about. The AP teachers are incredibly rude and harsh. I was yelled at the first day because nobody had informed me that I would be placed in AP English, and I was the only one without the summer homework. The teacher was harsh and uncaring towards me in particular, from then on. The AP History teacher was a little bit better, but was given to fits of screaming rage. I couldn't handle it after a while. The regular history class was even more of a shock. All the books were crumbling apart. The class was constantly in an uproar. We never learned a single thing and the only grades in the class were for "busy-work". This is literally copying answers from a book, filling in blanks on a worksheet and turning it in. Half of the class couldn't handle that much- the serious students were left on their own. The teacher was mostly a referee.

As a product from this HS, I felt like the teachers didn't care if we walked out of there with an education. The student body either doesn't want to learn, is forced to be there via parole, doesn't speak English, or is there to learn but the quality of education is below average. Everyone should be receiving an above average education, being college ready as soon as walking out of there, but the education I got only held me behind, but because I had a job and multiple extra curricular activities, I couldn't keep up with AP's and was put in regular classes where they teach you how to pass state tests, but nothing to further your education and make you a well rounded person. You get teachers who get paid little to nothing and have no passion in actually teaching. Honestly, its the best school in the Pasadena district, but I wish there was a place where students could go if they were truly seeking a better than average education.

The administrators and the teachers are better than any school in the area! We are proud to be Mavericks!!!

I am a current student here in this high school and from what I have experienced during my time here, it's pretty much been hard. First of all, the school is overpopulated by over 2000+ students, meaning getting to class is a struggle especially when heading to the second floor. The teachers I have are kind, but once the parents are out of the room, the rest of the faculty are quite rude. Some of the AP classes aren't cut out for students who are transferring from a different school. Often times, the teachers will refer to many of the students' from the previous year and will puzzle students who came from different teachers. So if you're going to transfer in, I suggest a normal class then? Unless, of course, you're up for the challenge, then much luck to you.

Im a former student there and now live in the other side of the state. its sad i left so many wonderful teachers and friends. I play football for another coach but snelson was the best. I Strongly recommend this school to any parent. you son/daughter would love this school. i guarantee it.

Last year my daughter graduated from PMHS. Her experience there was wonderful. PMHS is a well rounded school that puts their children first in every aspect! My son is a Junior at PMHS and he's doing wonderfully there. I am extremely happy with my choice of sending my children to PMHS. They will have life long memories of a exciting high school experience!

My child attended this school and at the beginning it seemed to be the best place considering our choices. The Principal was an amazing lady who I felt was very involved with the sports aspect of the school. Their choir program was good, their band program was above average and their theatre arts was a great program until they let a wonderful teacher get away from them. I applaud whoever was able to hire him away from PMHS. As far as their cheerleading, it was above average, but their drill team in my opinion was below average. You would think with the demographics of PMHS that they would have a better drill team. If your student isn't in AP I wouldn't look for them to be ready for a 4 yr. University right out of the gate!

I am a previous student at PMHS an sadly had to move out of state at the end of my 11th grade year. In the years spent at PMHS I learned alot from the great teaches,laughed with many great friends, and realized how much the administrators did for the students as far as safety and are. Now ending my High School career in another location, though saddened I am not there, I can still look back on what a great school it was.

This is the best school I could have ever chosen for my child.

Last modified Pasadena Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.