Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Agree

I felt most teachers did try to instill these qualities. I also felt like most teachers tried to be fair to my kid.

The math teacher taught by videoing herself. I was not very happy to hear that she was doing this and that she couldn't explain to me why they do the math the way they do. My child did not pass the math stars in this school with the help of tutoring. I had to copy the principal tonget her to respond so I could tell Sylvan what she needed to learn. Other teachers were good and very helpful.

As a student of NRJH, I know the true colors of the school. The kids act Horrible and the 6th grade math map and science teachers don't care at all about education and act mean to you on purpose just because of your race. I would never recommend this school to anyone

Poor communication as a whole. Parents are not well informed of what is happening at the school. Attendance is only taken in 2nd period, so how do I know my kid even made it to school that morning? Especially when my child rides his bike to school since they do not have bus service if you live within a 2 mile radius of the school. He has also had his arm broken in PE last year which tells me there is not much supervision and rather chaotic. Been going here for 2 years but having doubts about having my child attend next year..

Nolan Ryan Junior High is a great school and strives for excellence in all areas. The academic, fine arts and athletic programs continue to receive district and state recognition. My child loves the school and has had a positive experience thus far.

Despite the overcrowding issues this is a great school! I have had three students to attend Nolan Ryan JH (2 former, 1 current). The administrative staff is very friendly, answers my emails timely, and are there for the students. My kiddos love NRJH and the teachers. With large number of students that attend the school the staff does a good job of providing a safe environment.

Poor communication-Administration and staff ignore emails and calls. Students are encouraged to buy the school t-shirt and PE uniforms but the school runs out of uniforms and then require a gray t-shirt but it can't be the gray school t-shirt! Lockers are available but not assigned to students. Afterschool the halls are filled with rowdy kids With little or no supervision. Lots of rules and regulations but very little leadership, organization or consistency. Classes aren't challenging. This school is a huge disappointment and the administration either ignore or dismiss complaints so nothing changes-

We got an apartment close by just so my son could go to school there. He loves school now which was not the case in elementary. The principal and the 2 assistent principals are always smiling and around where the kids see them so that they do whats right. He loves his teachers. His sweet science teacher calls with good phone calls and notes a lot and his math teacher sends a news email informing us of what is upcoming. The school has a good feel to it. My son is real involved and interested in learning and he doesn't come home with loads of worksheets like before. His teachers are always available for extra help and helped me get through the 1st kid going to junior high transition smoothly. He loves it there and is very happy which makes us happy. It's a happy feeling school and the teachers and office staff all care for there students. He wants to be a rapping science teacher now and I know that is because he thinks school is fun and it should be fun. LOL! We made the right choice in sending him to Nolan Ryan and are looking forward to the same success in our other 2 children going there. I like the way they run things and the order they seem to have.

Nolan Ryan Junior High is a great school. with awesome teachers, and caring administrators. Nolan Ryan is exemplary in both academics and athletics. My kids love going to school here and enjoy learning.

Nolan Ryan junior high is a great place to learn. The classes are challenging and the teachers really try to engage students in the learning process. The fine arts department is fantastic and the academic teachers are highly qualified. There are also lots of successes in sports. High expectations for class work as well as behavior is present. I recommend sending your child there.

Last modified Nolan Ryan J High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.