Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 11, 2016
Based on the experience with the math teacher my answer is no. Based on other teachers yes.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 11, 2016
I think for the most part yes, but I can't say to what degree they instill this character trait.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 11, 2016
At this particular school the kids did act a little better, but I can't say if its the school instilling this or not.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 11, 2016
I felt most teachers did try to instill these qualities. I also felt like most teachers tried to be fair to my kid.

Nolan Ryan J High School 3

Posted August 11, 2016
The math teacher taught by videoing herself. I was not very happy to hear that she was doing this and that she couldn't explain to me why they do the math the way they do. My child did not pass the math stars in this school with the help of tutoring. I had to copy the principal tonget her to respond so I could tell Sylvan what she needed to learn. Other teachers were good and very helpful.

Nolan Ryan J High School 1

Posted June 26, 2016
As a student of NRJH, I know the true colors of the school. The kids act Horrible and the 6th grade math map and science teachers don't care at all about education and act mean to you on purpose just because of your race. I would never recommend this school to anyone

Nolan Ryan J High School 2

Posted March 12, 2016
Poor communication as a whole. Parents are not well informed of what is happening at the school. Attendance is only taken in 2nd period, so how do I know my kid even made it to school that morning? Especially when my child rides his bike to school since they do not have bus service if you live within a 2 mile radius of the school. He has also had his arm broken in PE last year which tells me there is not much supervision and rather chaotic. Been going here for 2 years but having doubts about having my child attend next year..

Nolan Ryan J High School 5

Posted February 02, 2016
Nolan Ryan Junior High is a great school and strives for excellence in all areas. The academic, fine arts and athletic programs continue to receive district and state recognition. My child loves the school and has had a positive experience thus far.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 02, 2016
The teachers work hard to meet the needs of students. They offer tutorials before and after school to support students.

Nolan Ryan J High School 5

Posted March 21, 2015
Despite the overcrowding issues this is a great school! I have had three students to attend Nolan Ryan JH (2 former, 1 current). The administrative staff is very friendly, answers my emails timely, and are there for the students. My kiddos love NRJH and the teachers. With large number of students that attend the school the staff does a good job of providing a safe environment.

11500 Shadow Creek Parkway, Pearland, TX  77584
Last modified Nolan Ryan J High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.