Posted October 01, 2014
Silverlake is outstanding!!. My oldest child was well prepared for fifth grade. Ms. Vaughn is very approachable and genuinely cares. Ms. Lopez, Ms. Sweeney, Ms. Young, and Ms. Edwards are excellent teachers.

Posted June 10, 2014
Fantastic school and great staff. Principal Vaughn is very involved and very accessible. The teachers are more than willing to address any concerns. Bullying is not tolerated and addressed quickly. My son loved the majority of his teachers and my twins are looking forward to attending. The PTO works very closely with the staff to bring the kids more tools, activities and opportunities to try new things.

Posted April 29, 2013
I have a 2nd grade, 1st grade, and special needs preschool student who all attend this school. We are extremely happy with the staff and education a this school. I do not feel like my students are only being taught to take the star test, but are being taught necessary basics. I used to work in schools before becoming a mother and can say that the adminstrative staff at this school is top notch. Thank you Mrs. Vaughn and Mrs Brown for all your hard work.

Silverlake Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2012
I am disappointed with the curriculum at this school. The students receive countless worksheets in reading comprehension, English is not being taught at all in a comprehensive way and they are given a ton of math problems for homework that stretches out for a week. Science and Social Studies is not really being taught. Teaching has been reduced to watching a video or students reading the textbook then answering questions based on the reading. It is really terrible. My child does not like this school at all. I have heard so many complaints about teachers yelling, and overusing conduct marks excessively, and threatening the kids with it to the point bordering on inappropriateness on the teachers part. I am glad this is our last year.

Silverlake Elementary School 2

Posted December 07, 2011
I agree with the last post. Every test (not much) and in class work is marked to a 70 after correction if the student fails. If you want a parent teacher conference it is up to the parents to schedule one. Teachers spend time STAAR prepping. If you want an impression of how these students are doing coming out of Pearland ISD look at the SAT scores. The SAT scores are not high enough to be accepted to most good colleges. The Pearland ISD website is riddled with how good they are doing according to the the state's standard which is very low.

Posted September 11, 2009

Silverlake Elementary School 0

Posted May 29, 2009
Silverlake is an amazing school! My son is in Kindergarten and we have been so pleased with his experiences at the school in all departements and on all levels. Mrs. Bonner is fantastic! The PTA is wonderful. We couldn't be happier anywhere else!

Posted May 14, 2009
Silverlake is an excellent school. My daughter is in kindergarten and she cannot wait to go to school everyday!! She adores Mrs. Rangel who is her teacher. She is learning tons of stuff and having fun at the same time!!

Posted August 23, 2007
We have had a wonderful experience with SIlverlake. The teachers are fabuous as well as the staff, they really care about the students. We are amazed at the things our daughter is learning. The PTA is incredibly strong and parent involvement is off the charts!

Posted September 26, 2006
Silverlake has some great academic programs and parent involvement. At least once a month the parents get together at the school with children in the evening for reading and AR testing. The children and parents love the eveing activities. There is also a STEP program for younger readers where parent volunteers come in and tudor the Kinder, 1st and 2nd graders. The education is high at Silverlake due to all the involvement

Silverlake Elementary School
P O Box 7, Pearland, TX  77588
Last modified Silverlake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silverlake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top