PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Carden Jackson School is unlike any other school in the Houston area. It is unique in it's approach to educate children. It believes in educating the whole child on all levels, moral, physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. The curriculum lends itself to teaching citizenship, responsibility, problem solving, leadership, self discipline, organizational skills and world awareness. Not only are the children well versed in the usual school subjects such as reading, math, science, history, and geography. They are also taught to appreciate the classics such as the Iliad and the Odyssey, A Tale of Two Cities, Alice in Wonderland, The Leather Stocking Tales, poetry by some of the world's most renowned poets. They also study various cultures and countries as well as the History of America and the History of Texas. The children also get a much better understanding of their own language by studying the French language.

I am a former student of Carden-Jackson. I attended the school from Kindergarten to 8th grade. I am currently in graduate school working on my masters, and planning on medical school. The foundations in education and life that I received at this school are priceless. The teachers and staff are extremely dedicated and caring. I do not think that its an accident that out out my class alone, there are several working on their PhDs and one in veterinary school and many other successful adults. It is the best school around and I was so fortunate to have attended.

This is our first year with Carden-Jackson. My daughter loved everyday of school. The teachers and staff are awesome. They are very caring with every child. We are very pleased and have enjoyed this experience. My daughter has made so many friends and loves her teacher. I would recommend this school to anyone. We love the small class numbers and the one on one attention each child recieves.

This is a wonderful school. In spite of the recent upheaval in the administration as mentioned in a previous post, the teachers and staff are focused on the students, and provide an education and environment far superior to our previous experience (2 private, 1 public school). They focus on the total child - academic, spiritual (without promoting any one religion), and they still have Phys. Ed. every day.

This school is awesome. I love the teachers and staff. My children have gotten a great education and are at an excellerated level compared to public school.

My child has been at Carden-Jackson since pre-K and I truly believe it is the best school around. The teachers are excellent and the staff is great. The best thing about this school is that students are taught respect for themselves, their peers and their teachers. They are taught values and discipline and they LOVE it. The Carden program is excellent - no memorizing - they learn by the integration of the material, for example their vocabulary words will be in their history lesson, reading, etc. as the entire program was designed to go together. The school is small but this allows indiviual attention to the student. My child has continually tracked a year ahead of public schools. She loves the school and so do we.

I think Carden-Jackson is a great school! Mrs. Jackson and all the teachers are exceptionally good! Everyone is envloved, the school system is fantastic. We are totally happy and blessed to have this school.

Teachers are wonderful but the leadership is lacking. The school atmosphere is turbulent right now. We will be moving to another school next year.

We are new to the school this year. This is what I have come up with so far. Pros *The teachers really care about their students *Class size is small so each child gets attention. *They don't teach to a test but follow a set curriculum. *They teach respect and manners *They are strict. *The cost is very affordable Cons *Minimal parental involvement. Only a small group of parents get involved. *No Library *After school activities are somewhat limited. *After school care is set up in the small lunch area.

I have two children at Carden-Jackson and could not be happier with the school. The teachers are beyond excellent and the curriculum can not be beat. This is our third year at Carden-Jackson and my children have so much. The entire staff cares so much about the children. The after school extra-curricular actives are wonderful as well. We, as parents, are always invited to be involved with the school. The computers may not be fancy, but the education and the caring staff are what count.

Last modified Carden-Jackson School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8