Pflugerville, TX
Students enrolled: 2,239

Posted April 27, 2015
The principal has done an outstanding job in communicating with the parents this year. I really appreciate the Remind101 daily texts, updated website and principal blog. Aside from a few teachers that don't seem to enjoy teaching, the majority of my child's teachers are very good and enthusiastic about what they teach. I have also been impressed with the Career and Advising Counselors in respect to college guidance, they have been extremely helpful and forth coming with information. However, I have been very disappointed in the band program as a whole. The entire focus and praise from the band directors are to those students that are in Wind Ensemble or Percussion.

Pflugerville High School 5

Posted November 23, 2014
Diversity population Pre & AP classes offered Great teachers that strive being the best School spirit is shown

Posted September 26, 2013
I believe that first impressions are lasting impressions. Recently my daughter transported to Pflugerville Texas. Initially I was excited about everything I had learned about Pflugerville High. I believed she would be in a safe ,Healthy and happy environment where she could focus on her educational goals. Upon her arrival my daughter was made to feel out of place and unwelcomed by staff. My daughter came for a safe haven but on her very first day thousands of miles from her family the staff at her new school made my daughter feel out of place and unwanted. Instead of embracing my baby and educating her on the policies and procedures, they didn't welcome her they just said "you're out of uniforms' your the girl they're talking about" Not a single welcome or hello. Imagine thousands of miles away from any familiarity. they didn't and still don't know what my daughter left behind to come continue her education. What a shame that what someone looks like or the clothes they have( at no choice of there own) is more important than a persons value and potential. My daughter is brilliant and so full of life. they hurt her on top of the tragedy she just left behind.

Pflugerville High School 4

Posted January 08, 2012
I am a current sophomore at this school and for the most part, I am glad to be one. The teachers are phenomenal and actually take interest in the kids who are trying to learn and better themselves. The thing that prevents me from giving PHS a perfect rating, is the student body. Being a student, I have a first-hand experience dealing with the kids who go here and to be quite blunt, a good amount of them are loud, annoying, and rude to not only teachers but also other students. The principles and counselors are absolutely great, because they take interest in the desires of the students. I remember a specific moment when our principle was having a meeting with other staff members, discussing important new policies that could be enacted and there were a few of us staying after school in the library for an extra-curricular activity and he asked us all to join in on the meeting and give our honest opinions on what we wanted changed and what we wanted to be enacted. This moment in particular made me proud to be a Pflugerville Panther and I look forward to the next 2 years at this school. If any parents or students read this: take the AP and Pre AP classes as I did, you won't regret it.

Posted April 12, 2011
I must give the school an average rating taking all things into account. I have one daughter that went through this school. I actually asked her opinion before I rated the school. I must say that this school has some of the best teachers in our state. Fortunately, my daughter was a great student and we did not need the assistance of the staff to give her direction. The academic programs are in line with the challenge my daughter needed to attend a very good university. I have a son that is one year away from this school and we will need help from the teachers and staff to make sure he stays on task . The middle school feeding into the school does a decent job of communicating with parents and I hope this High School will do the same. Sometimes, if the parent is doing there part, this is where the true test comes in. Does the school put forth the effort to help inspire the average student. Some of these not so gifted students that have been inspired to learn a great work ethic can be strong contributors to our great country. I am getting concerned that our textbooks have become separated from the order our teachers are moving through the courses they teach.

Posted March 25, 2011
I am a student at PHS and I must say it is not a good school at all. Students are rude and disrespectful. Teachers have no patients for anything. They will give up in the middle of class. Tell students to "shut up" and kick you out of class for little things, but when they argue or dirrupt class teachers just sit there and instead of punishing one person punish the whole class. The coaches are the worst, I did sports thruoght high school, and the coaches are mean and don"t care, and inside the classroom they are even worse. For my senior year I will not be here, Pflugerville was great when My sisblings went here but it has gone down hill. I hate to see such a good school go. Now with all these budget cuts we are only going to get worse. Students and parents I wish you the best of luck and the violence here is not soo great either, Fights on the daily. gang related and not. Other schools trying to come over and fight too. and please don"t get me started on our sports teams, the guys are jerks the girls are messy, it"s just not a place you want to be! I'm sorry to say such a thing but the school could use alot of work. and the communication is TERRIBLE!!!!!

Pflugerville High School 4

Posted June 15, 2010
I regret having to leave this high school as a teacher. I've taught in three different schools in Tx. and subbed in many before starting my career. PHS has phoenominal principals who act when kids misbehave. The kids were very respectful to me. More importantly, I loved watching the support they gave each other. A Happy Place!!!!

Posted September 03, 2009
The district has become a bad combination of the old guard that won't let go and unprepared administrators. Compare the advanced degrees of the administration with other local districts and you will find it woefully lacking. There is not enough experience in key positions and too much dead weight in jobs simply because they are grads of PISD. I would move my family if I could sell my house.

Posted August 01, 2007
I have had three children and two step children graduate from Pflugerville High School. They spent their entire careers in the district. For the most part Pflugerville offers a decent education, except for the Special Ed students. I believe they don't prepare these students to function outside the system. Also, my experience with the teachers and principles has been somewhat disappointing. They are not open to input from parents especially if they don't hear it as praise. Questioning or criticism is not taken very well. Extracurricular activities are fairly decent, the band used to be very good, much better than now. The coaching staff are very full of themselves. They really think they are greater than they are.

Posted July 12, 2007
My son was a freshman 2006-2007. Dress code is extreme.

Pflugerville High School
1301 West Pecan Street, Pflugerville, TX  78660
Last modified Pflugerville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pflugerville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top