Posted August 02, 2013
Very good school! I was a student and really liked it. Good teachers, (most of them), it felt like home. The ASCEND Gifted program is challenging, fun, and a supportive class that is like a family. It's been a year since I "graduated", but I still keep in touch with some of my teachers. Overall a good school.

Windermere Elementary School 5

Posted July 10, 2013
This is school has a dedicated staff that NEVER wants to leave, an amazing staff and great rapport with parents. There could be more parental involvement but that's more of a community issue not a school issue!!

Posted May 23, 2013
I have a student at Windermere Elementary. He had a huge behavior problems. This is his second year and he have made such great improvements. The principals and teachers that work with him are great. He loves his school and his teachers. I would tell anyone with a child with behavior problems or just difficults to come to Windermere Elementary( Primary-Elementary). The staff is very supportive and easy to work with to make sure your child is succcessful. I have so much support from them and I support them also. If you work with them it will work in your favor. Do not expect them to do it all remember it starts at home and they will make sure it is great at school with their support.

Windermere Elementary School 5

Posted June 27, 2010
This is a wonderful school! My daughter was in the third grade this past year. She had a wonderful teacher who was always on top of things. I received progress reports every single Friday with all her weekly work graded and stapled together. I was worried about how she would do on her first TAKS test ever. I decided that I would not pressure nor mention TAKS to my daughter and just wait to see how she would do on her own. Her teacher prepared her so well, that my daughter was COMMENDED on the TAKS test! There is a huge amount of parental involvement. The school also has very successful carnivals, talent shows, dances and many other events. The Principal keeps parents updated on school happenings through newsletters sent home and via e-mail. Receiving frequent e-mails from the Principal demonstrates that she truly cares for her students and their parents!

Windermere Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2009

Windermere Elementary School 1

Posted February 29, 2008
Major problems with this school, another principal, unhappy staff and students. There are alot of fights at this school between students and NO consequences for the bullies. On my walks I've noticed broken equipment on the soccer field. One of the goals is broken and has been left there of months, a student will need stiches or worse. The principal and assistant principal don't respond to anything. For award ceremonies neither principal or a.p. show up, they sit in their offices. Also the students aren't allowed to have fieldtrips because it will interfer with their education! Please, this is WHY they have a fieldtrips to add to their learning. I am extremely upset!!! This school needs an intervention asap.

Windermere Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2007

Posted February 26, 2007
We moved from out of state and enrolled our younger son in windermere elementary. This school was wonderful! Upon my explanation of my son's special education needs, they worked hard to meet every one of his needs immediately and to consistently address my concerns. His teacher was Mrs. Stone and she is a teacher by which the standard should be measured. She set the bar high for all other teachers. I was heartbroken when they rezoned the boundaries and our son was relocated to a new school, but they worked for him as well there. Honestly the staff and teachers are spectacular here and as long as you stay in communication, they will do their best for your child. Kudos to Mrs. Stone, she is the best teacher I've ever encountered and we have five children four of which are in school. She is terrific!

Posted May 15, 2006
Good staff support. Not a lot of parental involvement.

Windermere Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2006

Windermere Elementary School
1101 Piccadilly Drive, Pflugerville, TX  78660
Last modified Windermere Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windermere Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top