Pflugerville, TX

Posted July 01, 2014
If I had rated this school at the very beginning, it may have been a lot lower. My child started kindergarten and within the week she was moved to a brand new kinder teacher. At first, it seemed unsettling but overall the move was very seamless. Yes, each teacher from my understanding emphasizes a great deal on behavior with daily behavior progress reports. My child had a little bit of daily anxiety about that but children need discipline to create a better comprehensive learning environment. This gives the parent a better opportunity to become involved in their child's learning and behavior. My child finished the year way above reading level and I am so happy with this school for that.

Posted November 13, 2013
This is a great school, things were great in previous years, but since the new principle has taken over things have really improved. The PTO also seems to be going in a great direction, trying to get more people involved and including everyone. It would be great if more parents were involved and not just the same handful we see at school functions. The office staff seems to have had an attitude adjustment after feedback from parents was taken into consideration. Discipline was something the school was lacking before, now I noticed students are calmer, and more attentive when walking the halls, or at lunch. Sitting and paying attention is a very necessary skill they need in order to do the work required for them to pass to the next level. People who have complaints should take it up with the school, or show up to a PTO meeting to voice their concerns so that action can take place or improvements will not happen. I have taken issues up with the previous principle, and PTO and they were looked into and action taken. I choose to be involved so that I can improve on the faults I see as a parent, and I have helped it become a great place for my children to be educated.

Springhill Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2013
I had such a bad experience with this school a lot of disorganization, rude staff no good experience with the teacher that my child have .My child started kindergarten and have not been impressed.I 'm extremely dissatisfied with this school. I would find another school to send my child to. There is not enough supervision on the playground. I am also very dissatisfied with the curriculum and the teaching staff. It is a very poor school in this regard.. Instead of it being focused on education they are concerned about behavior and sitting still. My child was tested above average but his teacher told me in the conference he might not pass kinder because of his active personality. They are all about positive reinforcement but once they label your child, even if they are good kids, its over...sad to say.

Springhill Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2010

Springhill Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2010
My children have attended SHES for the last three years and I have been very pleased with their teachers. I felt that I could contact them about any issue and always received an immediate response.

Springhill Elementary School 0

Posted May 19, 2009
Have a second child finishing up this year. This school has a highly gifted group of teachers. The district would be wise to keep most of them. Great school. Teachers that really care and know how to teach.

Posted May 17, 2009
I have 3 children at Springhill and I love, love, love this school. We are currently considering relocating to another part of Pflugerville for middle and high school, but leaving Springhill is certainly giving me pause for thought. All of the teachers we've had were wonderful; however, Ms. McVey is by far the best teacher in the school. If my child is placed in her class in the fall, we will delay our move- she is that good!! The school became bilingual this year and will likely go Title I this year, which may change things. But, that remains to be seen... All in all though, SHES is a fabulous school!

Posted February 07, 2008
My daughter has only been going to Spring Hill since August 2007, but I am very impressed with the school, the teachers, and the administration. Her teacher, mrs. Lau, is very kind and caring, and is very good with all of her students. The principal is very kind to the kids and their parents, and is very good about keeping everyone informed of happenings at and around the school.

Posted July 12, 2007
During the 2006-2007 school year my son Randy attended the PPCD program at Spring Hill Elem. Due to his seizure disorder since birth, [he] still didn't talk up to the age of 4 and had motorskills difficulties as well. During 2005-2006 he showed improvement, but during his 2006-2007 school year he caught up by years. Not only can he talk, but he knows his colors, numbers to 20 and recognizes letters and their sounds. The teachers of the PPCD program are amazing and truely dedicated, loving teachers. Thank you ! Mrs. Chu, Mrs. Tiner, Mrs Spencer, Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Martinez.

Posted April 21, 2007

Springhill Elementary School
600 S Heatherwilde Blvd, Pflugerville, TX  78660
Last modified Springhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springhill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top