Bad
Good

My child was bully verbally and physically by students. The teachers ignored it and the principal gave excuses. My child had a teacher who was continuously discriminating against him and treated him unfairly. This was brought to the principal's attention and the principal made excuses and covered up for the teacher. Besides this, their academics are horrible. They don't have a very high standard for their children academically at all. What my child is going through at this school I don't wish on anyone. His grades are slipping and he is starting to act out. I told the principal that I will be moving him to a different school next year and he said " unless you move addresses you are stuck with us"

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Very unfair! I don't trust them with my child! He feels like he has to walk on eggshells

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school focuses on the three B's...be safe, be responsible, and be respectful. It is a daily mantra, and he center of expectations for student behavior.

This is an excellent school with very forward-thinking systems in place to grow each student at least a year academically. The parent with the student being served for special education has plenty of issues of her own, including the ability to work with professionals who are providing a great deal of support for all their students.

My son in in the special education and is getting a very poor education there. He is high functioning and very smart but keeps falling behind from his peers. The school acts has a babysitter not an educator which is sad. I have held numerous meetings and they seem disinterested,distracted and unwilling to take suggestions. It's sad when your son says his whole classroom can't write and that his aid is used for all 20 kids. They don't even believe in homework! Principal and Vice Principal are both rude! I'm definitely not sending him back next yea.

If I had rated this school at the very beginning, it may have been a lot lower. My child started kindergarten and within the week she was moved to a brand new kinder teacher. At first, it seemed unsettling but overall the move was very seamless. Yes, each teacher from my understanding emphasizes a great deal on behavior with daily behavior progress reports. My child had a little bit of daily anxiety about that but children need discipline to create a better comprehensive learning environment. This gives the parent a better opportunity to become involved in their child's learning and behavior. My child finished the year way above reading level and I am so happy with this school for that.

This is a great school, things were great in previous years, but since the new principle has taken over things have really improved. The PTO also seems to be going in a great direction, trying to get more people involved and including everyone. It would be great if more parents were involved and not just the same handful we see at school functions. The office staff seems to have had an attitude adjustment after feedback from parents was taken into consideration. Discipline was something the school was lacking before, now I noticed students are calmer, and more attentive when walking the halls, or at lunch. Sitting and paying attention is a very necessary skill they need in order to do the work required for them to pass to the next level. People who have complaints should take it up with the school, or show up to a PTO meeting to voice their concerns so that action can take place or improvements will not happen. I have taken issues up with the previous principle, and PTO and they were looked into and action taken. I choose to be involved so that I can improve on the faults I see as a parent, and I have helped it become a great place for my children to be educated.

I had such a bad experience with this school a lot of disorganization, rude staff no good experience with the teacher that my child have .My child started kindergarten and have not been impressed.I 'm extremely dissatisfied with this school. I would find another school to send my child to. There is not enough supervision on the playground. I am also very dissatisfied with the curriculum and the teaching staff. It is a very poor school in this regard.. Instead of it being focused on education they are concerned about behavior and sitting still. My child was tested above average but his teacher told me in the conference he might not pass kinder because of his active personality. They are all about positive reinforcement but once they label your child, even if they are good kids, its over...sad to say.

My children have attended SHES for the last three years and I have been very pleased with their teachers. I felt that I could contact them about any issue and always received an immediate response.

Have a second child finishing up this year. This school has a highly gifted group of teachers. The district would be wise to keep most of them. Great school. Teachers that really care and know how to teach.

Last modified Springhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.