No rating

Windermere Primary School

Public | PK-2 | 466 students

Posted July 10, 2013

This school is amazing! The same teachers have been on this campus for so many years and for the past 8 I have watched it grow, change, and become better and better. More community involvement would rate this school even higher (come one parents:)) but hey we all have to work right?? I would without a shadow of a doubt move to this area just for this supportive and loving school!

Posted January 24, 2013

Windermere Primary is an excellent school! My daughter has been attending since Pre-K and she loves it. She has one more year left in this school :( then she will move to Elem. Great teachers and great principal

Posted March 14, 2012

Both of our children attended this school. Superb school and wonderful special education program. Mrs. Beck is the best teacher I've ever encountered and prepared our child with a wonderful foundation to build upon. Kudos to Mrs. Siegel and Mr. Gagne for being so involved with ALL students.

Posted November 20, 2010

The vice principal greets the children every morning and visits the classrooms on a regular basis. The teaching staff are friendly, caring, and professional. The office staff are friendly and informative.

Posted November 2, 2008

I have five children ages 20, 17, 12, 8, and 6. All of my kids have been through halls of Windermere Primary and loved being there. My six year old is in the first grade and is the last to attend. Mr. Gagne is the best. He has always been very kind to my children. My children have wonderful memories of Windermere as do I.

Posted October 27, 2008

Love this school , my daughter has never been happier , she is learning sooooo many things, the teachers are great.

Posted September 28, 2008

This is the best school I have ever encountered in my 11 year teaching career. The staff is friendly and courteous and always ready to lend a helping hand. They are all very professional and have the student's best interest in mind always. Never have I met more dedicated teachers and staff.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 23, 2006

Lots of teacher input, communication with parents, good monitoring if child needs extra help with reading, etc.

Posted August 22, 2005

I would have to say that I am pleased with the overall experience we have had. We chose this school because the PISD in this particular area was 4 out of 5 stars. Mrs. Scott was a blessing (not to mention teacher of the year) for Kindergarten. First grade was fun also. Now we are in the second grade and things to be off to a great start. One thing I don't like is the lunches. Other than that, the school, and its programs are allot of fun. I enjoy volunteering..

Posted May 12, 2005

I am very pleased with my prek experience at this school. High quality of programs, teacher (Mrs. Hoban) was superb. We enjoyed Breakfast with Santa, xmas program, field day, field trip to firestation. High parent involvement in the carnival and field day. So organized. School website very helpful and asst. principal is a wonderful greeter in the am. Not familiar with music, art, sports etc, but the school was clean and teachers and kids always looked happy and the overall feeling of the school was warm and inviting.

Posted April 26, 2005

There is a glass wall that is put up to keep parents from participating. Staff tries to keep parents away and not involved. Students are not treated as well as in other schools. Children with special needs don't have their needs met.

Posted April 14, 2005

The only problem I ever had at the school was my son telling me if the kids didn't bring there lunch money, and when does this not happen, the children are talked down to and given a p.b.and j. lunch verses a hot lunch.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted January 25, 2005

My daughter went to AISD last year for first grade & now attends Windermere Primary for second grade. I feel that my daughter learned more last year in AISD. I believe that the work load given is too easy, my daughter completes her homework for the week on Monday. Het teacher says that she doesnt need to be tested to be put in advance classes. I really believe that this school is high on the charts because they teaches them the bare minium. Next school year I will either have my child in the advance learning classes or will go back to McBee Elementary. Good luck to those children who attend.

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Source: Texas Education Agency

• CHRISTI SIEGEL
Fax number
  • (512) 594-5605

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

429 Grand Avenue Parkway