Bad
Good

Administrators greet students and parents every day and are very approachable. Teachers seem to love their jobs. We have been so happy with the school...except for the parking...the parking is horrendous!

This is an amazing school. I love the principal, love the teachers, love the parents that are insanely involved. It's just an amazing school all together. I have two boys there now and both have felt so welcomed.

My son is on his 5th year at Murchison. I can't say enough wonderful things about the entire staff at MES. We have yet to have a "bad" teacher or any issues that couldn't be resolved on the phone, by email, or in person. Hands on teaching at it best.

I believe the school can improve with more courteous office staff. Some of the office staff make you feel like you walked in the wrong place and d not acknowledgement that you are even there. I would also like to see a common theme of teacher organization (expectations for learning websites, etc.), parent/teacher feedback,, event planning and general information for parents. Stop teaching to the STAR test only and just "Teach" - I love it when my children come home and tell me they actually learned something, not memorize it. Thank you

Our oldest has been in Murchison for K-3rd so far, and we have been thrilled with the school. The activities and their level of communication with the parents (except on one unfortunate weather delay) is truly fabulous. Our son has now had the opportunity to have 2 of the Murchison "Teachers of the Year" as his primary teachers for 2nd and 3rd grades, and I can certainly see why they were selected. We have been so confident in our experiences that we are not hesitating to put our twins in Murchison in the fall despite the fact that we had originally discussed putting them in a private program for a year before placing them in Murchison (due to their very late birthday and being a very young 5 at the start of school.)

I can only hope that this school is improving. I am one of many parents that has pulled my child from this school. The students' safety is at risk, due to cover ups and allowances of serious behavior problems. Teachers are doing their best, but the good ones continue to leave. The leadership here leaves much to be desired.

Great school Equal emphasis on Math, English, as well as, on Physical activity students are from different social and ethnic backgrounds loved his teacher - always there to communicate via email

School is excellent. ..many people have complaints about office staff..I personally have met staff members many times and they are great...no complaints...

I have two children at Murchison. They have both had amazing teachers year after year. I find the office staff friendly and approachable. I find the administration caring and friendly. I have absolutely no complaints. On the rare occasion that a concern has arisen, the school has dealt with it immediately and decisively. The Specials teachers are amazing. PE is fun and my kids come home laughing about Music and Art activities too. It's not uncommon for my kids to tell me how proud of them Coach Craft will be when she hears about the exercise they did over the weekend.

Great school overall - good academics, strong parent support, and fun activities like field day and school dances.

Last modified Murchison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.