This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad.
Riddle Elementary School1
Posted May 25, 2014
- a community member
Riddle elementary was the worst experience for me starting in 2012. The food had soon tasted like plastic. Most of the awesome teachers left. If you want proof here you go Riddle is a complementary school while every school is rated exemplary. Riddle doesn't have that great education anymore. I'm so happy I'm at Fowler middle school(middle school after riddle) right now in 6th grade. Phew! Fowler is the best!!!!
Truly a great school..After having moved from India, I was quite concerned on my kids ability to adapt to schooling....Riddle made him feel right at home....He loves his school, his teachers and his friends...Truly impressed by the constant updates provided by the teachers and the school and how they actively try to keep the parents involved...plenty to volunteer to if you have the time.....I always believed, that if a kid "wants/loves" to go to school, that is over 60% of your problem solved...Remaining 40% is what he/she learns at school and what he brings back to work on..I'm truly impressed that my kid wakes up every morning "wanting" to go to Riddle...
Fantastic School. My 5th grader and 3rd grader both have learned and enjoyed with some exceptional teachers and the staff. Couldn't have asked for a better place to provide such a solid foundation to my kids.
School is great, excellent teachers but security needs to be reviewed. Noticed kids opening back door on back street at 2:35 pm and no teachers around. Noticed parents holding door next to cafeteria open to allow other parents get in. Entrances and school security needs strict review immediately. And please do not serve kids raw pizza.
This is an amazing school! The principle's philosophy is that the student body is one family, learning and serving together. Not only is education important to the staff at Riddle, but an emphasis on the whole child is stressed. The children are taught to reach out into their community and help others and become the best that they can be. Parents are welcomed and are heavily involved in the day to day activities of the children. LOVE this school!!
Great school, ethnically very diverse, which is a BIG + and makes the environment very competitive for my niece and nephew. Teachers are very engaged, caring, and deeply involved. School has stimulating academic programs which keep them fully engaged and challenged. I look forward to sending my son to Riddle next year.
My child will go to Kindergarten this Fall and Riddle is going ABOVE AND BEYOND to make the transition to elementary school as smooth as it can be. We've already been to one "story time" at the school library this Summer, and afterwards we walked around the school. I expect to attend 4 more of these story times plus two "popcicle" events this Summer and hopefully my daughter will be as comfortable with the place as I am by the time school starts in August! Principal and president of PTA were on hand on Tuesday to meet parents at story time. So far, I'm impressed, and I was a teacher in my former life!
Couldn't agree more with previous reviews - our daughter is in her 4th year there and can't get into the building fast enough every morning. We enjoy being able to visit for assembly, which is always fun, and lunch whenever we want. Staff and curriculum all teach students something most schools have forgotten, which is that there is way more to education than what comes from books. Keep up the great work.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING school! My son LOVES the school, teachers & principal. VERY nurturing and welcoming environment. We have been super please with the Good Morning Riddle program every Friday. GREAT students and GREAT parent involvement!! Pretty close to perfect!!